Ok Guys - help me out...

14karat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
Hernando, Mississippi
Currently have a 625 DVR and 500 Plus Dish & LNB (500 Plus with the 3 connectors - and only use one of them)
LNBF is dead - confirmed dead.. tried the neighbors receiver and a new switch - nada, nothing...
So - I have to get a replacement LNBF... anybody have an extra one for cheap they can send me? Gave my spare away sometime back... gaaaa....

Looking at HD upgrade. I have a 722 HD dual-tuner with a bad drive (given to me) that I can use...
We are only using two TVs. Is the Hopper/Joey contraption worth the upgrade for just 2 TVs?
Also - for HD what satellites are used (in the Memphis, TN area)... is the 500 Plus (110 & 119 sats) enough or will I need a third sat?

I HATE having a tech come out here - (I have to bypass all my equipment then say "connect that here then connect that here - now check it.."
Then redo it all after they leave... which means I have to take a day off to hold their hand....

Currently have a 625 DVR and 500 Plus Dish & LNB (500 Plus with the 3 connectors - and only use one of them)
LNBF is dead - confirmed dead.. tried the neighbors receiver and a new switch - nada, nothing...
So - I have to get a replacement LNBF... anybody have an extra one for cheap they can send me? Gave my spare away sometime back... gaaaa....

Looking at HD upgrade. I have a 722 HD dual-tuner with a bad drive (given to me) that I can use...
We are only using two TVs. Is the Hopper/Joey contraption worth the upgrade for just 2 TVs?
Also - for HD what satellites are used (in the Memphis, TN area)... is the 500 Plus (110 & 119 sats) enough or will I need a third sat?

I HATE having a tech come out here - (I have to bypass all my equipment then say "connect that here then connect that here - now check it.."
Then redo it all after they leave... which means I have to take a day off to hold their hand....

For HD you need 129. You can live without 110, but not without 119/129.

Ok - so I need another LNB in the mix.... sounds like just re-aiming won't give me 119/129 with this LNB... 9 degrees vs 10 degrees...?
I have a second dish I could throw a single on for 129 - then connect it to the third connector on the 500 Plus, correct?

What I meant was I have a second empty dish I could mount a single lnbf, point to 129 and connect to the 500+...
I haven't toyed much with the Dish setups like everyone else has so I'm nowhere up to speed on them...

Ahhh - so I guess "500 Plus" and 500+ aren't the same animals... yeesh and I thought big-dish stuff was hard to keep up with...
I don't have a 1000 or 'superdish' or whatever - just a typical '500 Plus' dish...
Anyway - now with all that said - using the 500 on one dish with a single lnbf on a second dish pointed to 129 and connected to the 3rd sat input on the 500 - would that do it?
BTW - thanks for your help - don't want to give any impression of sarcasm or ingratitude here...

Or just get an eastern arc. I don't have 129 as well but have made rest with 72.7, 61.5, 77 and 118 in the mix. You can surely live without 129 if you have 72.7 in the mix,.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts