OK, I"m going to come out and say it - the Pittsburgh Pirates are going to take a huge step forward

When the Blue Jays did win the World Series how many of the blue jays were Canadian?? There has only been 13 Canadian Players in the history of the franchise to play for the Blue Jays. Even though the team plays in Canada, it has always been predominately American.

When an American team wins the Stanley Cup, how many of the players are American?

You have to admit, it's getting better. It's getting better all the time.
- Paul McCartney

It couldn't get mich worse.
- John Lennon

People that flag waive at pro contests between US and Canadian teams are dopes. Most players on the Blue Jays are American, and the mix of American - Latin - Asian on the teams has never been much different from any other team. The best Canadian currently in baseball plays for the Reds. Most players in the NHL are Canadian, and the Canadian - American - Euro mix, likewise has never been influenced by where the team is based.

Further, since the 80s, most players do not even live full-time in the cities they are representing, no matter what sport. Generally spend the off-season wherever "home" is or in tax free states like Florida or Texas.

Generally spend the off-season wherever "home" is or in tax free states like Florida or Texas.

...and as you are correctly saying, whether they live in tax free states or not does not affect what team they play for. That's what I've been saying all along...but of course, people knew that. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Once upon a time they were doing good...

until...

sid_bream.jpg

Hey I predict 95 this year........losses that is. Best AAA team in baseball

Lets face it what type of player who is a free agent will sign with the pirates even if they was gonna pay like the yankees? Not the good players like Lee, only players that are either at the end of their career or someone that had a bad injury last year and hoping to prove they are better and maybe they will get traded to a contender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)