OK I'll be the scapegoat, need help with my 4DTV and X4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bcsman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Michigan
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I'll take the punishment for the others!! I didn't do the 4DTV conversion to X4 earlier as I was concerned about the "hit" from Motorola if I kept my LNB's connected. I am pretty much planning on using it as a dish mover, but would like to be setup for HITS just in case. So here goes, I tried to do the Skyvision alternate method posted on January 10. At present I have W5 programmed but there is no X4 on my sat list to program. At step 2b I found I have 5013 channels loaded so I proceeded to step 2c, unfortunately as I said I don't have X4 on my list to program. So I looked further down the procedure to step 2f where it states about not finding satellite X4 on your list. I did the soft reboot and moved to G0-10 but have no DC-II lite so don't believe anything will happen. Am I SOL here or is there still hope of programming in X4?? I have been doing alot of reading about programming G0 in the W5 spot and other suggestions, but thought at this stage I'd just better see if it's too late to get X4. And yes again I'll take the punishment!!!!

If there is any other information needed from the system status or diagnostic screens I can provide, but not sure what is needed at this time. Thanks!!!

.... . I did the soft reboot and moved to G0-10 but have no DC-II lite so don't believe anything will happen.

The key is not to MOVE to G0-10, but while pointing at W5 program G0 to point to the same (W5) location. You must be on W5, but using the G0 satellite to do that step.

The "latest/greatest" alternate setup is dated 1/13/2010, so you might want to print that out and try the steps again.

Good luck,
Bob in Lone Oak, TX

what happens if you tune w5 602 ? go to options 6-5 and watch the channel count(verify dc2 lock of course). i timed it lastnight and it took 3 minutes to update the map but it may take longer. im working on a situation like this with another member and any info you find may help him also. thanks.

crackt out,.

Right now tuned to W5-602, it says TVLD and I have the DC2 light. My trip counter reads 1986 and channels are 5013. Left it on there for 20 minutes or so and no changes. Could it be because my channels count is so high???

OK so now have programmed G0 in the same spot as W5 and have done the alternate procedure. On this one the trip is also 1986 but channels are 4749. Like before have left it on for 20 minutes and nothing appeared to download.

One note to add, I do have in my sat map R4 located right by W5. Is that interfering with my attempt to see X4 or is it possible R4 will work the same as X4 for me?? Or should I delete R4 and try this procedure again??

Next month I also want to convert to 4160. My channel count on opt. 6,5 is the dreaded 4809.
Well I have a usable X4 except the music is in the 820-856 range.
When you press the RC 'Sat' button, the dreaded AI also appears, but AI is not in the Opt. 6,4,4 list of avail. sats.
I tried several methods to get the correct X4.
Removed X4 and then....
1. Was on W5-216 and unplugged receiver for 30 seconds. No change.
2. Was on W5-603 and unplugged receiver for 30 seconds. No change.
3. Set GO to W5 and try ch. 10 - no DC light. No change.

Maybe this will fix itself next month when I convert to 4160.

I had the old channel maps for X4 last month 100 >> and 4809 channel count. We had a power outage back in December. When the 4D rebooted it had the new c band map in it, go figure, CC dropped to 4782. I think I was on C4 at the time so no channel maps were active. I did the conversion using my 4 step the other day CC 4783. It was a piece of cake took 3-5 minutes tops. If you have W5 still try doing the conversion using W5 216 vs X4 also delete X4 before hand. Then after you get hit add X4 and see if it's right.

I had AI too but I deleted it before I ever added X4 in. It was then gone for good everywhere. I wonder if having AI is your problem? The only way you could clear AI out if you ran into what you have is to do a MR. But now that option is DOA.

Any ideas on the R4 sat?? Should I delete it and try again, maybe causing some conflicts?? Not sure but don't think it's even viable anymore..

I had the old channel maps for X4 last month 100 >> and 4809 channel count. We had a power outage back in December. When the 4D rebooted it had the new c band map in it, go figure, CC dropped to 4782. I think I was on C4 at the time so no channel maps were active. I did the conversion using my 4 step the other day CC 4783. It was a piece of cake took 3-5 minutes tops. If you have W5 still try doing the conversion using W5 216 vs X4 also delete X4 before hand. Then after you get hit add X4 and see if it's right.

I had AI too but I deleted it before I ever added X4 in. It was then gone for good everywhere. I wonder if having AI is your problem? The only way you could clear AI out if you ran into what you have is to do a MR. But now that option is DOA.

I have A1 stored at position 119 and I have X4 so it may not be the A1 tile. I never deleted it when I did the conversion or the download of the new X4 mapp.

Candid

Check out this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/4dtv-discussion/240013-found-part-problem-what-next.html

You will find that a lot of people offered ideas for help and if you read and then try to follow those suggestions, you could save yourself a lot of time. As for R4, while trying to fix your problem, you should remove all the sat tiles using options 644 so that if there is corruption inside you receiver, maybe you can stop the spread early on. Make sure that you can safely point your dish at the W5 location before deleting that position. Once you have done that much, then try some of the suggestions made in the above link.

I could not solve the problem I had, so in the end, I did a Factory Reset and after that I was left with 26 sat tiles and one of the was X4 which worked after twenty minutes of download time. Don't start with a Factory Reset though, while our problems sound identical they could be different based on a number of factors.

You could do something that might help other help you. Check out the date of manufacture and post it. The Newer production dates seem to have this problem more than older receivers. So again, don't jump to any conclusions and read the ideas posted at the link.

Thanks, Stoker

i unplugged the 4dtv and it reset it self back to zero gthen it worked with a hit and programming was all there

After it started working, what is your channel count and what year was your moto manufactured? Which receiver is it? 920 or 922?

Thanks, Stoker

2 things to ask at this point,

1) Where is the manufacture date located?? Can find the sticker that gives part and serial number, but can't find any date.
2) What us the difference between a Master Reset and pulling the plug?? Except for my battery being dead, will pulling the plug dump anything programmed??

2 things to ask at this point,

1) Where is the manufacture date located?? Can find the sticker that gives part and serial number, but can't find any date.
2) What us the difference between a Master Reset and pulling the plug?? Except for my battery being dead, will pulling the plug dump anything programmed??

#1 seventh digit in the serial number.
#2 id think a master reset would wipe all settings. pulling the plug would wipe anything in whatever volatile memory the 4d units have.

crackt out,.

OK have to change things a little here, found out that I have a 920 instead of a 922. I know there are a few things done differently with the older model. Have to do more reading to see what I need to change. Until I did some reading and looked at the serial number I was always under the impression I had a 922. Also pulled the owners manual out and it also says 920. Would be nice if I knew what I was working with first before I mess things up!!!

After reading the final work around instruction on the 4DTV Online page looks like I'm hosed no matter which model I have. According to the writing in red both my TDT and channels are over the limits. My TDT is 1986 and channels are 5013, so a MR is my only option. Seeing as tho I'm looking to use this for a FTA sat mover think I'll stay as I am with the tiles I have and not reload the factory ones.

My only other possibility is just doing the unplug thing and see what I have left after that. According to crackt it clerars the volatile memory and not sure what is stored there. Also guess that will let me know if my battery is good yet!!!

My apologies, I was looked at the Trip Counter!!! My TDT count is 1714. Sorry about that.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.