Ok... Now they Have Me Pissed! (Dish Audit Police)

I'm like boba. I'm a dealer too and I'm selling Dish and DirecTV. So, when DishNetwork call and left a massage to a customer to perform some receivers Audit, some customers call me to complaint about that because most of them does not have a phone connection to the receivers and they are not willing to pay any telephone jack wireless so I recommend DirecTV which is not have that problem. Thanks to Dishnetwork, I got some customers to DirecTV without phone connection. Beside, few Dishnetwork customers are willing to pay a telephone jack wireless or a phone line installation(profit for me).
So, Dishnetwork keep doing your Audit police so I get more DirecTv customers.

Last edited:
Wow, I don't have Dish, but if I did and they made me go through all that I'd probably just hang up, or not answer at all. If I'm paying all my bills don't call me! And I wouldn't pay for a phone line just to hook up a dish receiver to either. Dish keeps saying it's cheaper than cable, but do they add in the $15 a month for a phone line? Hmm...

*acts like a Dish apologist* Remember, you signed a contract saying that Dish Network could shove a ram up your ass! Don't complain about this! SATELLITE THEFT IS A HUGE LEGITIMATE PROBLEM!!!one!!!

They're going after all those thieves that STEAL THE AIRWAVES!!!!! And sharing accounts is COMMUNISM!!!

So you better think twice about unplugging your phone line, because that's bad! And Dish Network has every right to come shove a ram up your ass and brick all your receivers because of it! I hope you get a 942 next time and they brick that!

*ducks and runs*

Attn OoTLink: You need to get back on your meds.... I belive that your refill is ready at the pharmacy.....:yikes

BTW: In addition to the call from the CSR, I got a short e-mail from Charlie. He said that he knew they were doing some audits and would check on it. By the shorthand writing I could tell that it came from Charlie himself, not a staff member ((please don't insert appropriate joke here)).

Happy Birthday Scooter !!!

You say you got your receiver home now ?
Call them up and tell them you'll give them the #s that they want after they tell you what those #'s are, After all they already have the %'s from when you signed up...

After they get done, take the receiver back to your camper, nothing says it has to be hooked up all the time.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Happy Birthday Scooter !!!
You say you got your receiver home now ?
Call them up and tell them you'll give them the #s that they want after they tell you what those #'s are, After all they already have the %'s from when you signed up...
After they get done, take the receiver back to your camper, nothing says it has to be hooked up all the time.
Jimbo

The receiver does need to be hook to a sat line to keep the subscription current on the receiver.

Got news! A year ago in the west Tennessee area, Directv installers were being fired right and left for doing installs with no phone line connection.

They were not allowed to do work order closings on the road to the next install, they had to be right there with the customer. The audit nazis were doing 100% follow ups on phone lines, and supervisors were out on the road checking nearly every jobsite. It was a "Witch Hunt", spelled with a "B"...

I'm glad the damned job failed to even cover my fuel expenses, but I wish it had not cost me all of my savings. My last words at the Atoka shop were: "I can't do this... I have to choose between my gas tank and my refrigerator, they are both empty". I still owe them for a lot of installer crap, but they wiped out my savings stringing me along, so they can hide and wait for all I care. I consider myself to have got while the going was good.

And if you want to see customers explode, just wait till the call at the end of the install when the customer talks to the Customer service rep, and finds out how wildly screwed around their billing is from what they thought it would be!

I was told POINT BLANK by many experienced installers to get the paperwork signed before that call was made.

Additional: DTV recievers are factory set for $10.oo per day of pay-per-view. A smart cookie will point out to a customer that kids these days are smart enough to hook up a phone wire if they want to sneak a movie, but if you set the per-day limit to ZERO and password it, you can then be sure it won't be abused, at which point the phone line just doesn't matter...

I was a good sat tech, I skipped NOTHING, because I knew everything was being inspected. But I could not afford to work for those people, I think they were overdue taking the bit in their teeth and making their installers employees, not "Independent Contractors", I still think DTV should have bit the bullet for the installers supplies, instead of warehousing and SELLING wire and cable to their installers. Bluntly - I have never in my life dealt with a company that was so outrageously profit hungry and just plain God damned CHEAP.

(rant concluded)

Last edited:
OoTLink said:
*acts like a Dish apologist* Remember, you signed a contract saying that Dish Network could shove a ram up your ass! Don't complain about this! SATELLITE THEFT IS A HUGE LEGITIMATE PROBLEM!!!one!!!

They're going after all those thieves that STEAL THE AIRWAVES!!!!! And sharing accounts is COMMUNISM!!!

So you better think twice about unplugging your phone line, because that's bad! And Dish Network has every right to come shove a ram up your ass and brick all your receivers because of it! I hope you get a 942 next time and they brick that!

*ducks and runs*

OMFG! That is too funny!!!:D

Thanks! I really needed that bit to make my evening.

Dish Nazi

OoTLink said:
*acts like a Dish apologist*
*ducks and runs*

Had me rolling in the asiles ! :)

I read about the problem on other forums.
Best advice when the Dish NAZI call, was to:
1). be polite
2). get their full name
3). inform them that this call is being recorded (sure you can!)
4). take your time.

Just a FYI for those of you that store an extra receiver for camping or whatever. If its not hooked to the satellite feed for awhile, your smartcard will "forget" its activation and you will need to call up dish to have them send a reactivation hit for it. I heard of this happening for as little as a few weeks or as long as a month or two before it happens.

So I'd suggest hooking the box up before you go RVing or camping to make sure it still works if you've let it sit for awhile. That way you can deal with dish at home instead of getting to the woods and finding your receiver not working!

Two nice e-mail from Charlie (himself) and a call from a very nice CSR and I am back in business.

.....a good time was had by all.

What did Charlie say in his emails and what did the CSR say? I have a second home that we go to sometimes on some hunting property and if this is going to be an issue then perhaps I should make plans on switching to DirecTv. I stayed with Dish this long because I save money on the annual plan and save money on not having to pay the additional outlet and DVR fees. At least with DirecTv they do not charge a DVR fee PER DVR!!! And I can swap the hard drive out in those too can't I if its a Tivo? I know that the DirecTv receivers are cheaper than what the Dish Network ones are.

When they do an Audit and you give them the Location IDs from your recievers, can they actually tell what city and state that the receivers are located in?

NO, the location ID is caculated from the receiver ID & the time of day so the only way you can give them the correct number is if you are at the receiver.

Anole said:
Had me rolling in the asiles ! :)

I read about the problem on other forums.
Best advice when the Dish NAZI call, was to:
1). be polite
2). get their full name
3). inform them that this call is being recorded (sure you can!)
4). take your time.
You bet I will. And I'm gonna play them like a cheap fiddle. :D

Good ya liked it, and yes if I got called by em I'd call em back saying I'll be recording this call, ya know. :D I can too, I have a headset -> minijack adaptor :) It goes into my PB nicely!

Every company has their pitfalls, IMHO. DirecTV has their contracts (one good reason I'd never go with them), comcast/other cable companies offer lousy service (to me anyway), and well.. there aint much else!

{if ya don't know what I mean, comcast has a nice little rep for charging people for "non-returned receivers" (that were returned), and modems that the customers bought and then used with that service}..

It does not really matter where your at anyways as all they care about is that they are all at the same location, not one receiver at one location and another receiver at another location.

If you give them too hard of a time they could just hang up on you and shut you down and make it a nightmare to get turned back on if possible at all.

Seems like the advantages that Dish Network is not there like they used to be and does not make a difference if things like this go on. One thing I do not like about DirecTv is having to do a new contract everytime you turn around and having to buy a card for a receiver if it came from someone else then having to wait for it. Don't they let you keep the cards that you have now and put them in another receiver or do you always have to buy a new card for them and cannot use the ones that you have?

Thanks for the info. All receivers are at the same house. I was just wondering about those people who "moved" and physical address is different from service address.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)