ok to sell?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

N8k

Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
hey thought maybe some of you guys might have an answer for me. iv been a tech for over 6 years and just recently decided to quit after my truck died on me.

well, long story short i was unable to get the receivers i had on my truck back to the shop (iv had them for over a month now) and iv always been told that if i don't use them with in 15 days of checking them out i buy them. the company i worked for was 6 weeks out so i haven't received all my checks yet so i don't know if this will be true or not but i have some friends/family that would like to buy the receivers. is there any legal risk to me by selling the receivers? i don't want to get a summons in the mail for selling stolen property or anything like that.:cool:

any input on this would be very helpful

Until you are sure that you have paid for them .. they are not yours to sell.

Call your boss .. give him your credit card number and pay $6-700 per receiver (hr21) - then you will be free to sell them to whoever you want.

:)

If they are company property , (you got them from their warehouse, right), then they are not YOURS to sell, weather you still work there or not.
IF you go ahead and sell them you may find that your next check your waiting for may be minus a few figures.
Or worse, the company calls there lawyers about missing property, then you have to pay for them as well as any legal consequences.
Also, I'm sure the company has the numbers off the rec's you have, all they need to do is call D* and report them as missing and D* will shut them down, or not activate them when someone calls in.

Just because your checks are several weeks out, doesn't mean you own the property till then or that they become YOURS.

Either way, your better to contact your boss to verify what you have and ask them how to return them.

Jimbo

Given that most friends and family can lease them for much less than you'll pay for them, I'd do what it takes to return them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)