Oklahoma Coach Bob Stoops retires

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Posibilities (random speculation) :

- He decided to retire simply because he has enough $$. He wanted this Riley guy to get the job, so he waited until summer when a proper search was impossible. The explosion in sports $$ is not that old, and I think this will be a trend. How much is enough? If you have $10M is another $10M going to make your life any different. You will see people (not all, but a lot) just say "hey, I'm good".

- He is sick.

- Big sanctions coming.

His sons are seniors this year. They were in the State Championship game last year. They got beat by my nephews team for the State Title. They will likely make another run this year and he missed a lot of games while recruiting last year. He and Mike were at several of our games in Tulsa last year, so he wasn't at theirs on those nights unless Norman North was also playing in Tulsa.

He has said numerous times he wanted to leave the program on top and not be run out. Lincoln Riley was considered a possible heir when he was hired. It was a reason for his hiring as OC.

I think hearing Patty Gasso during the WCWS, talk about losing her father a few months ago and having her family around pushed him over the edge to retire now and not when his contract ends.

His sons are seniors this year. They were in the State Championship game last year. They got beat by my nephews team for the State Title. They will likely make another run this year and he missed a lot of games while recruiting last year. He and Mike were at several of our games in Tulsa last year, so he wasn't at theirs on those nights unless Norman North was also playing in Tulsa.

He has said numerous times he wanted to leave the program on top and not be run out. Lincoln Riley was considered a possible heir when he was hired. It was a reason for his hiring as OC.

I think hearing Patty Gasso during the WCWS, talk about losing her father a few months ago and having her family around pushed him over the edge to retire now and not when his contract ends.
That is a great reason to leave. Money I would think, had nothing to do with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)