old 3x4 multiswitch with 5 lnb slimeline dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

was4346

Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
ny
I currently have a 2 lnb directv dish with the 2 rg6 runs to a 3x4 multiswitch. I am going to install a slimeline 5 lnb dish and add a HR22 receiver. Will I be able to use the 2 rg6 runs and 3x4 multiswitch with my present set-up, then just run 2 new rg6 runs to my HR22 ? I will be using the original 4 standard receivers and the new HR22 digital receiver.

a 3x4 will not correctly pass the 119 satellite and should not be used, if you have 4 existing lines and are adding a hddvr to have a total of 6, then you should use a 6x8. i guess it should work in theory though, you only need a sl3 though not a 5. If you have a dual lnb dish (18" round) however if you have the old 18x24 (two physical dual lnbs) run into a 4x4 and you are mistaking the switch then the 5lnb is required.

And I would also just call directv to do this, setting up a ka/ku yourself can be very complicated, and the switch and all correct hardware will be included free of charge to you.

The plain answer is no.

All four lines from the dish will go to a WB68 and then out to the tuners.

You can save yourself some money and headache (assuming this is a lawful install) by having DIRECTV do at least the dish and the switchgear for you.

The old dish is a 18" round dual lnb and yes I am a current customer. Thank you for the help. I may just keep the 18" dish up for the older receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)