Status
Please reply by conversation.

eugeneg

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
north dakota
Need help Sony san 18d3 shows 101 110 and 119 transponders

I have a Sony SAN 18D3 antenna that is aimed at 101.
I checked the signal strength on the 18d3 and found that there were transponders registering from 101 110 and`119.
I was getting ready to upgrade the antenna to a WNC mutli satellite dish antenna to try to pull in signals from these dishes.
If the Sony SAN 18d3 is already pulling in these signals I will not upgrade but stay with the Sony antenna.

Any advice??

Last edited:
I have a Sony SAN 18D3 antenna that is aimed at 101.
I checked the signal strength on the 18d3 and found that there were transponders registering from 101 110 and`119.
I was getting ready to upgrade the antenna to a WNC mutli satellite dish antenna to try to pull in signals from these dishes.
If the Sony SAN 18d3 is already pulling in these signals I will not upgrade but stay with the Sony antenna.

Any advice??

This is a very old Standard Dish set up, so if your able to get a good signal, thats great, but everything will be Standard Def, you will get NO HD from this unit.
I believe you will only get one sat as well, so I would point it at the 101 to get the most channels for your buck.
Thus would be good for a tailgating situation if you get signal.

Jimbo

I only have SD recievers.
I am getting a pretty good signal but am a bit confused as to why the Sony is registering transponders from 110 and 119.

That is the dish that came with my Sony SAT-A2 DirecTV receiver in 1996.
It has a dual output LNB that receives the 101 sat.
If your receiver is registering signals from 110 and 119 it is just some weird anomaly.
BTW, what receiver do you have?

Set your receiver to 18" round dish. You have it set to oval 3 LNB or something similar. What you are seeing is the 101 signals repeated as 110 & 119.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)