old box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phil337

Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
I have a old drd435rh box.It has been shut off for a while now.I want to use it in the basement.Will they turn it on?I own it so will they charge a lease fee?Also the box was set up with a password that I have no idea what it was.Is there a way around that?
thanks

I have a old drd435rh box.It has been shut off for a while now.I want to use it in the basement.Will they turn it on?I own it so will they charge a lease fee?Also the box was set up with a password that I have no idea what it was.Is there a way around that?
thanks

The box you have is a SD mpeg 2 box.
Will they turn it on for you, probably, or they may offer you a new box cheap, I would call and see what they say.

You own it so NO they would not charge you a "Lease " fee, but they would charge you the same $5 for a Programming fee, Mirror fee whichever they called it.

As for the password, I don't think they will reset it, maybe not able to, I don't know for sure on that one.

Jimbo

1. They will reactivate
2. There would be a 5 dollar "Additional Reciever" fee that covrs the costing of mirroring the programing to your box.
3. We can reset your parental lock password remotely

Yep, no problem re-activating, I did the same thing with an old GAEBO receiver. Got my workshop in the basement re-done and finally put an old analog 19" TV in there and using the GAEBO.

While it may have to go away eventually, for now it works great!

Yes, the mirroring fee applies,

I don't know about the password. The Kids haven't been kids for a looong time! so I haven't needed it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)