Status
Please reply by conversation.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
It's winter again and people are inside thinking about"what to do". And their thoughts turn to the BUD out back and they think about getting it going again. There is one satellite store in town that will even talk about a big dish, but they don't really work on them anymore. One of their installers found out about me and my knowledge of FTA stuff and in the past week has refered three old folks to me that want to get it going again. So I've been having fun talking over the current status of FTA and getting some C-banders going again. The advent of the microHD makes things a lot easier for these older people to enjoy it again. And I'm having fun and making a few bucks doing it :) Yesterday I spent the whole day visiting with some folks from the same city in Holland I'm from. When I walked into their house it was like going home. I was stunned! We ordered stuff for his dish and spent the whole day reminicing about all things Dutch. I fired up BVN on my laptop via the Slingbox at home and he was thrilled. He is excited about getting that dish going again.

Good to see you helping people get their BUDS going again.

It's winter again and people are inside thinking about"what to do". And their thoughts turn to the BUD out back and they think about getting it going again. There is one satellite store in town that will even talk about a big dish, but they don't really work on them anymore. One of their installers found out about me and my knowledge of FTA stuff and in the past week has refered three old folks to me that want to get it going again. So I've been having fun talking over the current status of FTA and getting some C-banders going again. The advent of the microHD makes things a lot easier for these older people to enjoy it again. And I'm having fun and making a few bucks doing it :) Yesterday I spent the whole day visiting with some folks from the same city in Holland I'm from. When I walked into their house it was like going home. I was stunned! We ordered stuff for his dish and spent the whole day reminicing about all things Dutch. I fired up BVN on my laptop via the Slingbox at home and he was thrilled. He is excited about getting that dish going again.
Is the BVN available also on a C-band? I watch it occassionally on 101 W Ku, even though I do not understand Dutch, as they often have interviews in English. A year ago (or- more?) it was really a treat - a concert by Andre Rieu, transmitted live by BVN. Cheers, polgyver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts