Old Direct Tv Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

EmilyH

Original poster
Jul 28, 2012
Massachusetts
I have an old direct tv dish that we just took off the roof of my house a little bit ago and I was wondering if it still had value or if I should scrap it? It's a DirectTV Phase II Satellite Dish. It originally had two lbns but a third was added to the unit. The dish itself is made by Channel Master and its mold number is 50E and around 23 to 24 inches. There is also a SMS-4/4 RP20 multiswitch on the dish as well.[h=2][/h]

:welcome to Satelliteguys Emily!

Those older dishes have no real value but for scrap. You may find someone on freecycle that wants it.

I have an old direct tv dish that we just took off the roof of my house a little bit ago and I was wondering if it still had value or if I should scrap it? It's a DirectTV Phase II Satellite Dish. It originally had two lbns but a third was added to the unit. The dish itself is made by Channel Master and its mold number is 50E and around 23 to 24 inches. There is also a SMS-4/4 RP20 multiswitch on the dish as well.[h=2][/h]

Well yeah, Chip would say that. But consider the world of hanging garden plants. Run chain through the holes in the center....fill with soil.........plant ivy. Train the cat to pee in the thing. Got a deer gun? Sight in your scope!............Hole in roof?........nail that sucker to the roof and trowel mortar!

But for sat use............if you have to ask about that unit....Chip said it.

Joe

I have an old direct tv dish that we just took off the roof of my house a little bit ago and I was wondering if it still had value or if I should scrap it? It's a DirectTV Phase II Satellite Dish. It originally had two lbns but a third was added to the unit. The dish itself is made by Channel Master and its mold number is 50E and around 23 to 24 inches. There is also a SMS-4/4 RP20 multiswitch on the dish as well.

One of my neighbors took his old dish, painted it nicely, added his address and mounted it in front of his home. I'm sure he thinks it's the coolest thing around. (to me it looks like someone "tagged" his house, but to each his own).

Mine's been hanging in the garage for 5 months. Once the E* dish comes down this weekend I'll be driving them both over to the dump.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts