Old Directv Hitachi hds100r receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I was given one of these receivers and was saddened to find out that something this old is not able to be subscribed because it doesn't have an ID or something. Does anyone know if this will work for any of the free preview channels that show up periodically?

I doubt it. The only channels you will get are 100, 200, and any other barker type ones.

I feel you...I just trashed a HR10-250 and a Samsung T360 which I paid high dollars for a few years back before D* laid the Lease BS on us. 2 perfectly good receivers in the dumpster.

They are both still quite useful as ota receivers, although the Samsung had major issues. At least the two I had did.

I never had a problem with either of them, other than the reboot needed now and then on the 250....which is still needed today with all D* receivers.

I feel you...I just trashed a HR10-250 and a Samsung T360 which I paid high dollars for a few years back before D* laid the Lease BS on us. 2 perfectly good receivers in the dumpster.

yikes, i would have been willing to take the HR10 off your hands

O no, I meant mine. Are there any newer receivers that can access the free preview channels while not subbed? I have a direct sat at my new place. I would like to set it up but I am almost never there. In a few months I was thinking of getting a sub when I am spending more time there but right now I am there like twice a month. I am in the market for a better receiver but am clueless right now being a former Dish customer.

When you say free preview channels, do you mean HBO when it's on a free weekend, or the information channels like 100 or 200?
If you mean the HBO channels, then no, you won't get them without a basic subscription.

I don't think the sports channels are ever free unless they are giving them to you as a gift. You still won't get them without a subscription.

Boxes with out an Receiver ID like the first 2 generations of boxes and early Dtivo boxes are not able to be activated any more. They were actively swaped out with new boxes with an RID.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)