Old Dish install

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
Put this in 21 years ago. Doubt they are still active, but had to use 2 Dishes to pick up 110 and 119 due to buildings in the way downtown.

Was at another job and noticed these dishes this afternoon.

Adjustments.JPG
IMG_7587.JPG

IIRC, shouldn't that have meant a total of three round dishes then for 101, 110, and 119°W?

With two (even/odd) coax lines from the 101W dish feeding the "Sat A" inputs of a multiswitch. And two (even/odd) coax lines from the 110 and 119W dishes feeding the "Sat B" inputs of the switch?

(It would technically be the "Sat B+C" and "Sat B" inputs)

And note: The 110W dish coax line and the even tp. line of the 119W dish were combined into one by a special 110/119 diplexer such as that included in the old "Sat C LNB" kit for those who can remember back that far.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbo
This was a dish network install originally on 119.

They later upgraded to a Dish 500 and this building was in the way.

Couldn’t get both 110 and 119 from the same side of the building, which required 2 Dishes.

IMG_7614.JPG

IIRC, shouldn't that have meant a total of three round dishes then for 101, 110, and 119°W?

With two (even/odd) coax lines from the 101W dish feeding the "Sat A" inputs of a multiswitch. And two (even/odd) coax lines from the 110 and 119W dishes feeding the "Sat B" inputs of the switch?

(It would technically be the "Sat B+C" and "Sat B" inputs)

And note: The 110W dish coax line and the even tp. line of the 119W dish were combined into one by a special 110/119 diplexer such as that included in the old "Sat C LNB" kit for those who can remember back that far.

I remember when I had that set up ... but I couldn't tell you any longer on how I set it up ... tooooo many years ago to remember.

I remember when I had that set up ... but I couldn't tell you any longer on how I set it up ... tooooo many years ago to remember.

That was when they sold a “SAT C” kit with a separate LNB for 110. I believe it came with some sort of combiner.

Shame they never really used 110. However I love the fact they put something there to deny Dish the licenses

That was when they sold a “SAT C” kit with a separate LNB for 110. I believe it came with some sort of combiner.

Shame they never really used 110. However I love the fact they put something there to deny Dish the licenses

With only three transponders they were never going to be able to do that much useful with it, but it was used for the early days of MPEG2 HD. It made more sense to point it at Puerto Rico more recently since D4S/D8/D9S at 101 didn't reach them.

This was a dish network install originally on 119.

They later upgraded to a Dish 500 and this building was in the way.

Couldn’t get both 110 and 119 from the same side of the building, which required 2 Dishes.

View attachment 146599
Oh, this was a dish installation ....

I see, my bad ...

Automatically assumed it was a DIRECTV one since this is the DIRECTV forum ...

So I guess this would then have been two widely separate "Dish 300s" feeding a DP/DPP multiswitch then?

Never been great at remembering Dish network stuff as I've never had it ....
72e5f2e893f795a8b92939476c839927.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)