Old Dish LNBF. Still compatible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

krauser1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
In laws have a lake house with an old Dish Network Dish and LNBF. Would it still be compatible for picking up SD channels on the east coast? What receiver (no DVR) would work best if it is still working?

Attachments

• 1437959087568.jpg
    1437959087568.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 237
Definitely a Legacy LNB it is either a Twin or a Quad it would be mounted on a dish 500 dish aimed at 110 & 119 satellites. A 311 should be the base receiver that will work but I would suggest looking into a 211 HD receiver for future proofing the receiver.

Definitely a Legacy LNB it is either a Twin or a Quad it would be mounted on a dish 500 dish aimed at 110 & 119 satellites. A 311 should be the base receiver that will work but I would suggest looking into a 211 HD receiver for future proofing the receiver.
Twin... That was what I was looking for.

I think I'd probably look on eBay for a DPP Twin, I saw one on there just a minute ago for $26 with shipping included.

I think I'd probably look on eBay for a DPP Twin, I saw one on there just a minute ago for $26 with shipping included.

With that you will pick up 110/119 and will get all the available HD's as well on 110. You can add a cheap wing dish from Craig list for sat 129 and add it to the mix. The newer ones of the 110/119 had an input for the wing so you could get a cheap dish wing and complete the setup. Alternatively you could just get a dish 1000.2 with 110/119/129 and be done without messing with the switches etc.

Reactions: ChadT41

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts