Old dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Pasadena,CA.
Just had Direct HD service installed at our primary home.It's a slimline 3S swm. Have an old Direct dish at our second home and the installer said to just take the boxes (H-25) up , hook it up and it should work. Well, it didn't. no power to the boxes. Do I have to change the LNB, the dish or what? would love to figure this out so I could get rid of the crappy cable.

Just had Direct HD service installed at our primary home.It's a slimline 3S swm. Have an old Direct dish at our second home and the installer said to just take the boxes (H-25) up , hook it up and it should work. Well, it didn't. no power to the boxes. Do I have to change the LNB, the dish or what? would love to figure this out so I could get rid of the crappy cable.

The H25 requires a Slimline SWM recvr, so you'll need to use a Slimline SWM up there, including the Power insertor or use a recvr other than the 25 or 34's.

Depending on what dish is up there, you may get SD only or SD and HD.

when I hear "old dish" that usually means a 18" dish with single LNB.

As Jimbo noted, the H25 requires a SWM setup. If you have a different model receiver you could take that one instead there

Thanks Iceberg. When I say 'old', I mean about 2 years. So will a power inverter and a swm 3 lnb for a slimline solve the issue?

470273 said:

Are all your rcvrs hd (h25)?
If you have one standard rcvr (d12) then that would work. Just tryin to save ya the cost of kaku, swm lnb, and PI.

Or if they installed an H24 then you could make that work also. (wouldn't be HD of course but still work)

the d12 will work, but you must repeat satellite setup at each 'home' since the box is currently setup for swm, when you move it to the second home, the dish is not swm, if you repeat satellite setup to whatever dish type you have, then the d12 will work, your h25s are a lost cause without changing at minimum the lnb, possibly the whole dish, but when you get the d12 back to your primary home, you need to repeat sat setup again and go back to swm mode so to speak.

the d12 will work, but you must repeat satellite setup at each 'home' since the box is currently setup for swm, when you move it to the second home, the dish is not swm, if you repeat satellite setup to whatever dish type you have, then the d12 will work, your h25s are a lost cause without changing at minimum the lnb, possibly the whole dish, but when you get the d12 back to your primary home, you need to repeat sat setup again and go back to swm mode so to speak.

So the D12 does do SWM ... didn't know that.

twizt3dkitty said:

BeAt me to it.

X2

Jimbo said:
How about the HR20 ?

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

D-12, R-16, R-22, H20, H21, H23, H24, H25, HR20, HR21, HR22, HR23, HR24, and HR34 is all SWM capable. D-12, R-16, and H20 won't do MRV BUT will work on a SWM system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)