old lnb for 95 international

Status
Please reply by conversation.

minjoke

Original poster
Oct 10, 2009
pa
Is my old 3' ku prime focus dish with single polarity, used for 97 FTA good for 95 international ? When receiver is connected only to to this dish bypassing switch, I get the signal just fine, but connected through flexport (WB68), it just dosen`t recognize 95. Am is missing something here, or could WB68 be at fault? TIA

it will work for 95W but you need to make sure the LNB will work with horizontal polarity

and IIRC you plug it into flex port 2

Thanks Iceberg for your reply. The lnb sure is set to H as I`m able to watch FTA CCTV, which is on same H in 95. Connected both flexports to no avail. I can`t think of anything other than faulty switch, but it was new. Any idea please??

and IIRC you plug it into flex port 2

If you are using ONLY 1 flex port, you always should use port 1, regardless if it's for 72.5 or 95... ;)

Min, you DO realize that although you may very be seeing a "signal" bypassing the switch, are you SURE it's the 95 bird? (& not another D* bird) Also, did you run autodetect on your receiver after you connected everything up - on some receivers, this is the ONLY way for it to recognize the 95 bird, but this is assuming you actually have the 95 dish aimed correctly to begin with. (you didn't tell us which receiver you're using, so it's hard to give you much other help, since we don't know your whole dish/receiver setup... :confused: )

but the fact he is getting CCTV FTA which is on the same satellite I'm pretty sure he is aimed at 95W ;)

If you aren't using 18v 22khz tone on the 6x8, i would try that port. otherwise you should be hooking it up to the flexport 1.

Again, hook it to the 18v22khz port, IF you aren't using it for kaku.

I finally got it fixed. I replaced the switch with my neighbors` and guess what? It worked. Thanks for your advices.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts