How Many Tuners Does the HR 24 Have?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
2 just like normal

Dave MacLeod.
Sent using Tapatalk.

My opinions or reviews will never be affected by items given to me by any company for any purpose.

Hmmmm,

I thought that it was reported to have MORE than 2 tuners thus making it an advancement over what we already have.

If it only has 2 tuners then I really don't need one at this point.

Hmmmm,

I thought that it was reported to have MORE than 2 tuners thus making it an advancement over what we already have.

If it only has 2 tuners then I really don't need one at this point.

Speed is the main issue. Coming from the HR 20 series, I wouldnt be interested. Now that I have a HR-23, I totally am. The 23 is SLOW as hell compared to the 20. I understand the bitch now.

I still have one 20 and it is fine, but the 23 in the living room need serious speed help.

Speed is the main issue. Coming from the HR 20 series, I wouldnt be interested.

Agree, particularly since you would have to add the AM21 to the HR24, to equal the OTA options already on the HR20's. While I'd like to have something even speedier than the HR20, not enough to have to add another box to the HR24.
If my HR20's croak, then I'll probably reconsider...

That is one reason I am interested. I lost both of my 20s a few weeks ago. I did get one 20 as a replacement, got a 23 to replace the other. There is no comparison between the two IMHO.

Agree, particularly since you would have to add the AM21 to the HR24, to equal the OTA options already on the HR20's. While I'd like to have something even speedier than the HR20, not enough to have to add another box to the HR24.

That is one reason I am interested. I lost both of my 20s a few weeks ago. I did get one 20 as a replacement, got a 23 to replace the other. There is no comparison between the two IMHO.

Any time I've had to have a 20 replaced, they have replaced it with a 20 ....
msmith, I would have refused the 23 when they brought it in, tell them you need your OTA.
I would call them back and heave them send you a 20 out or a 24 + the AM21 if they went that route, thier choice.

But can you watch off the AM21 live and record from the two tuners?

I don't think so.

If your watching what your also recording ....

If your trying to record 2 different channels and watch a third, it would have to be something you've already recorded.

Another possibility is to set it up the way I did. Have your two feeds going into the HR, so you have two tuners to record from, but split your OTA signal before going into the HR and send that to your TV, then you could record 2 shows from the HR and watch a OTA channel from your TV's tuner.

Any time I've had to have a 20 replaced, they have replaced it with a 20 ....
msmith, I would have refused the 23 when they brought it in, tell them you need your OTA.
I would call them back and heave them send you a 20 out or a 24 + the AM21 if they went that route, thier choice.

I thought about it, but at the time, I did not think the difference between the two would be that great, and they did give me the AM21 for free (actually, after credits, it saved my $10).

I can live with it, but it is annoyingly slow in comparison. I will say that Media share with PlayOn works faster with the 23 than with the 20. Go figure.

I thought about it, but at the time, I did not think the difference between the two would be that great, and they did give me the AM21 for free (actually, after credits, it saved my $10).

I can live with it, but it is annoyingly slow in comparison. I will say that Media share with PlayOn works faster with the 23 than with the 20. Go figure.

Keep the AM 21 and ask them to send you a refurbed HR20 ....
btw, are the AM21's leased or owned ?

Keep the AM 21 and ask them to send you a refurbed HR20 ....
btw, are the AM21's leased or owned ?

Hmm, good question. I would guess owned. Since there is no lease fee associated with it, and they want you to "buy" it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts