DECA and MRV setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gampp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Does anyone know what the DECA/SWM setup should look like? The installer tlold me he had this thing all set up and I'd just need to activate MRV, which I did this afternoon. I have two HR24s and I see in the menu that it is activated on both receivers, but neither can see the other box. In looking at the setup indoors, here is what I have:

The Satellite in signal goes to a SWM 8-way splitter in port
One of the outputs of the 8-way splitter goes to a SWM power inverter (the power to SWM connection)
The other output of the splitter goes to receiver #2
The Signal to IRD connection on the power inverter is connected to receiver #1

Am I missing something in this setup or is it connected incorrectly? Thanks for any help.

Record a show on one DVR,it should show up on both DVR menus. I have an HD DVR in my living room named "Living Room" & my other HD DVR named "Bedroom." Whatever show you recorded on whichever DVR will show up on the list of recorded programing. If one of the shows listed was not recorded by the DVR you are viewing,it will have in brackets the name of the other DVR.

That's the problem, it's not showing up. I have programs recorded on both DVRs and can't see the others in either DVR list.

What is the model number of the receivers? If you don't have HR24s and H24s, then it looks like you're missing the DECA adapters

I got it figured out. I'm running two HR24s, which have DECA built in, but it is not active if an Ethernet cable is plugged into the Ethernet port. I unplugged the Ethernet cable and restarted the box and it's working now. The downside to this is now I don't have a network connection. I called the installer that did the install and he knew exactly what I needed. He's going to bring over a DECA adapter to plug into the switch for the Ethernet cable and that should solve it.

I got it figured out. I'm running two HR24s, which have DECA built in, but it is not active if an Ethernet cable is plugged into the Ethernet port. I unplugged the Ethernet cable and restarted the box and it's working now. The downside to this is now I don't have a network connection. I called the installer that did the install and he knew exactly what I needed. He's going to bring over a DECA adapter to plug into the switch for the Ethernet cable and that should solve it.

Thanks for the tip.

Glad YOU figured it out, but shouldn't the installer have had everything working before he left? Now a second trip to your house is needed.

bnwrx said:
Glad YOU figured it out, but shouldn't the installer have had everything working before he left? Now a second trip to your house is needed.

I didn't sign up for MRV prior to install, so it wasn't fully set up. Plus, it was still a beta release at the time, so I'm not sure he knew about needing the adapter and couldn't test it since I hadn't decided to sign up for MRV. He did give me his cell phone number and was more than happy to come by to add the adapter on his own time. I consider it more an issue of my indecision than something he did.

the tech who was suppose to do my install saturday morning was missing a part which won't be available until june or july. fortunately, another tech showed up and completed the installation.

i was his first mrv upgrade. he did everything correct vut left his name and phone number in case i have a problem.

I'm guessing you tried hooking everything up to the internet then?

If you connect an ethernet cable to the jack on the h/hr24's it will disable the deca built in to the box. So you need to hook up the internet through an external deca filter, and power it.

Key thing to remember, any DECA install requires a DECA adapter and DECA power inserter to allow you to connect to your router and access VOD, media share, etc. Without that you will get just MRV.

When the take the order they ask if you have high speed internet, which affects if this DECA is on the order. I think the install code looks like this:

Whole-Home Upgrd and ICK

ICK is internet connection kit, meaning a DECA and power inserter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts