Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Charter

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • Comcast

Votes: 61 43.3%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The only reason Northland is surviving around here is the fact that they are the only means of getting BB in the rural areas.The did put up a fiber optic cable through our neck of the woods.The older service areas still have the original copper line can't get anything but the basic cable service.overtimeman:cool:

which neck of the northland woods would you be in. here in starkville they're gearin up for a pretty big revamp of their HD lineup. about 12 new additions to the 6 standing channels from the past year and a half. its about time. Maben, mathiston, etc are still analog only on copper cable so i can see where your coming from. its going to be an intersting next few months here in Northland land.

I'm signing up for Charter. I haven't been with Charter for years. But I'm signing up with them for the bundled package (phone, internet, cable). Hopefully they are better than they were when I was last with them. They have a lot more channels now than before. I'm with D* now and am surprised that Charter has some channels that D* does not carry (mainly movie channels). I hope Charter picks up Chiller, Sleuth and Fox Reality at some point (especially Chiller).

I am in Clemson South Carolina with Northland Cable.You are the first responce I've gotten with anyone else using Northland.Dish and Direct has put a hurting on their business but their bundle deal can't be beat for 99$.That's not an intro price either.Overtimeman

I am in Clemson South Carolina

Clemson are you? Mississippi State fan here from Starkville! It was about time ya'll came here for baseball! We dont trust VOIP because of the tendency of the spottiness the cable has for internet. I'll let you know when the new HD channels come, because I will be checking very often after September 1st because ESPN2 will be great about this time of year for football! the game was a mess last night so i left after 3rd quarter... just by chance, do you know if most of your analog channels produce stereo or just mono? because all of our channels except mtv2, a local broadcast from the college and sports south are the only channels with stereo audio. very frusterating

Hey,the game was one sided.There sure are a lot of LSU fans around here in upstate South Carolina.The local radio station around here wccp.com is a 24/7 all sports station.I listen at my lunch break it's a local call in show.I hadn't really thought about the analog channels not broadcasting in stereo.When that came popular 20 years ago all stations that broadcast in stereo showed it at the start of every program.I have the stereo turned on the TV menu.Gosh I gave my sound system to my son in law cause I never used it any more.Lightning got my TV last summer and I bought one of the few picture tube TV they had left Sony36 inch for 699$.I'm pretty sure most of the channels broadcast in stereo.Now you got me wondering!!:confused: overtimeman

i thought our defense played their hearts out most of the first half but you lose hope when your leader throws more to the other team than your own. and for the stereo, my first hints came when they introduced the "zap2it" channel on analog channel 25. on the channel they play just some oldies music in the background as the channels SLOWLY scroll thru... but many times you would only be able to hear the music and no words because back in the day the had voice on one channel and music on the other. the other day i was scrollin thru the channels on my bedroom tv, 20inch emerson tube and it will say stereo under the channel number when its getting a stereo signal. well i went thru all the channels and that was about how many i found with stereo. the same held true on our new 42 inch sharp aquos we got off qvc not too long ago. (GREAT tv by the way) so i was just wondering if this was standard practice or just starkville...

We have Charter & Comcast, happy with both

We have Charter in Wisconsin and Comcast in the Chicago area, both services have been super! We used to have satellite in Wisconsin and what a nightmare. Forget about it! I'm happy with the cable.

I have DirecTV and Dish Network...

The cable co. in the area is Massillon Cable a.k.a. Clear Picture Inc (outside the greater Massillon area)

Well I saw the poll and voted then scrolled down to see that Ilya said not to vote if you don't subscribe. Sorry.

TWC is available to me and I use it for internet and phone but not TV. I used to but not anymore. I have used Dish Network for TV for the last almost 9 years but in early 2005 I had both for TV for a few months. When Voom appeared on Dish, I dropped TWC TV as I found what I really wanted. MonstersHD and RaveHD. I will forever miss these channels.

BTW.. My system is of of those TWC systems that was bought from the old CVI (Cablevision Industries) back in the mid 1990's. Anyone remember Alan Gerry? That was the owner / CEO of CVI. One of the true original pioneers of CATV. He still lives right here in my little town as he always has.

Mine isn't listed Suddenlink. Anyone know when they are gonna have HD programming anytime soon? I email they respond saying ask your local office. I call they say they don't know. :confused:

This poll is from 2006. The list hasn't been updated in years. It should've been closed long ago. ;)
We can create a new poll. If your company is not listed, reply to this thread with the company name and I can add it to the new list.

I now have Frontier! Not too impressed yet! Will give them till Jan Or Feb to see if they start doing something interesting! Pretty stale right now! Nothing new happening and no one knows anything! :-(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts