Old Receivers

topgman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
LI NY
I recently cancelled my *E account after 9+ years I returned my 2 DVR's as instructed by *E ... my ? is what should I do with my other 2 receivers -1 is a DP301 & the other is an ancient 3700 model ... do I just throw them out?

I wouldn't throw them out. They could be donated to a school in your area which could use them for instructional and learning purposes for electronic programs.
Also the 301 receiver could be updated to its latest version showing all the satellite locations and be used as a tuning device for setting and orienting dishes while watching the Point Dish Screen.

IF you own them you can sell them. If you love NASA you can watch it free. Or as pointed out you can donate it to a thrift store for a tax deduction or to another nonprofit such as a school. DON'T polute by throwing it away.

Sell them now before the new smart cards get released or they will not be worth anything as they want $50 for each new smart card. If they are active on an account before the card swap then they will not charge anything to swap them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts