Old Skool Question

overtimeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 26, 2005
Clemson, South Carolina
Here im my problem.My Sony TV (KD 36FS170) is hooked up to digital cable box.My cable box is hooked to Sony STRDE 197 receiver and playing the Sony SS-F5000 speakers.(SWEET)Got the deal of a life time by waiting for the right deal for new equipment to show up on E Bay.Every channels sounds great except for ONE stinking problem.The Weather Channel will only play through one speaker!I have wiggled,changed out cables and these are no monoprice.com cables either.This is one problem that has me stumped.The dvd/vhs movies,AM/FM radio and DMZ music channels will blow you out of the living room.I know this is no HD/5.1/7.1 set up but I wonder what would cause only the weather channel only play through one speaker.Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance,overtimeman! :confused:

The Weather Channel is usually "customized" by cable companies to show local weather specific to your area. Perhaps that's a side effect of such "customization". That would be my guess.

I hadn't thought about that.Probably wouldn't hurt to call my cable company and at least ask them about it.Then they would want to come out and now they charge a service fee.Nowadays there are no more freebies(except Sam's) for anything.If it was not for BB I would go back to Dish in a heartbeat.AT&T keep promising they will come into our area with DSL.Anyway thanks for the help! overtimeman:up

No problem. The Weather Channel HD on Dish Network looks and sounds great! But it doesn't show local weather, the way it does with Cable. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts