Old SkywayUSA LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JAS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 15, 2008
In the USA
I joined SatellieGuys back in March of 2008. I joined to vent my frustration with SkywayUSA (one way Internet service). Skyway had at that time (still may have) problems with their service. But, they were blaming all the problems on the customers.

My user name, Just Another Sucker, for SatelliteGuys was chosen to reflect my position in the SkywayUSA customer chain. ;)

Anyway, after dropping their service and before I got into FTA I was so angry I wanted trashed their equipment. Dish, modem and LNB. Well turns out I still have the dish and LNB. Found them while cleaning the hay loft in the barn. I must not have been that angry.

I'm thinking of setting up my newly found treasures as a motorized KU system to use with my Pansat 3500s. It has become inactive after getting the Pansat 9200HD.

My question --Think the polarity on this LNB is controlled by DC voltage from the receiver. Or,do I need to get another one.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMGP0541.JPG
    IMGP0541.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 130
  • Lnb2.jpg
    Lnb2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 141

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Its a universal LNB and should work just fine

setup on receiver is either Universal 1 (9750/10600) or the "shortcut" is set to standard, LNB LO 10600 and turn 22k on. Since 99% of the satellites across north america dont have the lo band, when you blind scan you'd be wasting time if you set to Universal ;)
(because it would scan the low band which doesnt have anything)

Tron

SatelliteGuys Master
May 6, 2005
Metro New Orleans, LA
Good that you didn't trash the dish and LNB, now you have something to show for the trouble you went through :) ... Those should be very useful for receiving FTA.

JAS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 15, 2008
In the USA
the "shortcut" is set to standard, LNB LO 10600 and turn 22k on. Since 99% of the satellites across north america dont have the lo band, when you blind scan you'd be wasting time if you set to Universal ;)
(because it would scan the low band which doesnt have anything)

Thanks. Good to know. I'll be ordering a HH motor in the next few days.

JAS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 15, 2008
In the USA
Good that you didn't trash the dish and LNB, now you have something to show for the trouble you went through :) ... Those should be very useful for receiving FTA.

That was my first thought when I discovered them. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts