Old Sling Pro busted....need advice on Dish/Sling upgrade/replacement

bairda

Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
Louisville, KY
Hi! I have a Sling Pro that is dead. I am a Dish 622 user and need advice on my next step for maintaining my Sling connectivity to my Satellite feed.

Would it best to:

• Replace the slingbox with a new standalone slingbox ($200/$300) and keep my Dish 622
  • Replace the Dish 622 and get a 722 with a new sling adapter for it
  • Replace the Dish 622 with a 922 with sling built in.
I do use the dual TV option on the 622 for watching a different signal on a Set in the living room. I also have a Logitech Revue hooked up to the 622.

I understand that the 922 may have a dual TV option either with the latest firmware or the firmware coming up. I also know that the 922 doesn't presently work with the Revue via HDMI control.

Any advice would be great!
Thanks,
-Alex-

Hi! I have a Sling Pro that is dead. I am a Dish 622 user and need advice on my next step for maintaining my Sling connectivity to my Satellite feed.

Would it best to:

[*]Replace the Dish 622 and get a 722 with a new sling adapter for it

I say 722 with Sling Adapter. Plus it is compatible with the Revue Integration. the 722 just needs to be connected to the internet whether it is via Ethernet or the Dish WI-FI adapter for the Sling Adapter to function. With the Sling Adapter you can only watch the feed via the Dish website, not the Sling one.

Would it best to:

[*]Replace the Dish 622 and get a 722 with a new sling adapter for it

I say 722 with Sling Adapter. Plus it is compatible with the Revue Integration. the 722 just needs to be connected to the internet whether it is via Ethernet or the Dish WI-FI adapter for the Sling Adapter to function. With the Sling Adapter you can only watch the feed via the Dish website, not the Sling one.

Thanks for the info!

So with the integrated sling solutions you can't use the standalone sling player in windows/mac? What about using it with ipad/iphone?
-Alex-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts