Old Westerns you see in HD that aren't on Blu-ray - Why?

The gunfight in open range is what I'm drooling for as the sound from TV is great, lossless will just add to...
Will it or is it just gunsmoke and mirrors? ;)

This may be an instance where the original soundtrack, as engineered, was compressed digital. Lossless compressed audio is still compressed. It does make you wonder if they can demux the audio and convert some of the locatible sounds to objects.

Then there's the realization that by the time the hardware and media becomes available and we can afford it, a huge majority of us no longer possess sufficient aural (or visual) acuity to tell the difference.

I was shocked at how much I could distinguish good speakers from mediocre.

I was shocked at how much I could distinguish good speakers from mediocre.
Speakers run the gamut from tinny sounding transistor radio speakers to full-range floor-standing cabinets with multiple drivers. It is also important to remember that they're pretty much all analog. There is a "secret sauce" that is built into the speaker's crossover, driver combination and cabinet design that can perform considerable equalization magic. If you turn up the treble high enough, you can overcome the dB loss of older ears at the higher ranges.

If I could find a reputable retailer of region B westerns, I'd be willing to take a chance with them (as I did once with Amazon in the UK), as I would like to own a copy of many westerns I've only been able to find on SMC or Retroplex. Just not willing to take the chance...

Would really like to see a domestic release of Open Range...I see releases of movies in the 2000-2005 years that aren't worth the time to stamp the discs and yet movies like Open Range just sit there with a DVD-only release...