OLN Dropped by Dish over Programming Disputes

Two more items for "Things ttat are comcasting" commercial:
1. Crappy PQ. Really, when I saw it, I started to wonder if Comcast PQ is the same crap as in that commercial :D
2. Price demand for Comcast OLN should be put on top of that pyramid.

Never watched OLN. Probably would watched some NHL games but I think it is not a big loss here. HDNet has some HD games and it will be enough for me.

And Comcast SHOULD honor contract :mad:

bpickell said:
I'm not trying to take cheap shots at anyone, I just can't believe what a big deal people are making out of losing one lousy channel.

I understand people that really like OLN putting up a fuss and wanting a resolution, maybe even bending their principles when arguing their point because they want their channel back. If I were to lose SciFi or F/X under similar circumstances, I may want any resolution - regardless of the impact on the subscribers as a whole or the company's bottom line.

What I don't understand is - among the vast majority that are not regular OLN viewers, or don't watch at all - why they do not overwhelmingly support E* in this dispute. Unless they're letting pre-existing negative feelings dictate their response - what other reason can they justify OLN trying to change terms mid-stream?

...and if the NHL is unwilling to step-in for the benefit of its fans, maybe it's time to find a new sport to follow. ;)

I was (keyword being "was") a diehard hockey fan. They left a bad taste in my mouth after last year and I could care less if the NHL dies a slow painful death. Just my opinion.

CPanther95 said:
...and if the NHL is unwilling to step-in for the benefit of its fans, maybe it's time to find a new sport to follow. ;)
I love the NHL, but I am supporting them as much as they supported all of us loyal fans last year - I'm not! No live games, no televised games, no Red Wing paraphernalia...nothing! I plan to make good use of my Dish 942 and watch a lot more College Hockey on newly added ESPNU and CSTV. The NHL and OLN can take another year off for all I'm concerned. Off to the penalty box with Comcast. :cool:

Well I may be the only one, but I had OLN via he old Action Pack for an additional $4.99 per month. The only reason I had Action Pack was for OLN and all the cycling and it was better than the cost of the 180 package.

Called Dish to cancel and they gave me a free month of service and waived the $5 fee for reducing service.

I love how anyone thinks the NHL is going to stand up to ANYONE right now, they're counting their lucky stars to have any tv deal...

All this fuss over such a non-important channel, hmm...

I don't have AT180 because I have unlimited funds, nothing could be further from the truth, I have AT180 because I like watching television.

Oh, and i'd like to see the guy who falls asleep while watching the tour de france. How do you fall asleep during the top non-team physical sporting event? In a non-world cup year, TDF is the most exciting sporting event on television. It's like a 3 week world series...

jeffwtux said:
If you think Comcast supporters are the liberals, you are really screwed up. Fighting monopoly abuse is what liberal live for and defending them is what conservatives are united by. Stupid social issues like guns, gods, and gays are completely irrelevant, and only Southerners are gullible to fall for them

Never mind the fact that the 2 biggest trust busting presidents were republican. ;)

I know you think that the american people are to stupid to live in a democracy, but take a look at the map of the red verses blue counties in the 04 election. It's not just the south that is "dumber than the great intellectuals" of the left coast.

Texanmutt said:
Never mind the fact that the 2 biggest trust busting presidents were republican. ;)

I know you think that the american people are to stupid to live in a democracy, but take a look at the map of the red verses blue counties in the 04 election. It's not just the south that is "dumber than the great intellectuals" of the left coast.

I think we are a bit off topic here, the topic is "OLN droppped by Dish over Programming".

ride525 said:
I think we are a bit off topic here, the topic is "OLN droppped by Dish over Programming".
I watched a portion of last nites game which was on local cable for the 1st time.The announcers were Mike Emerick and John (the huge goalie,does Ranger games),good job.The intermission hosted by Bill Clement is pitiful.Keith Jones and Pierre McGuire couldnt add much.The score banner is near bottom and their corner ads take away from the action.They have a long way to go to catch ESPN on a bad nite. :(

OLN Programming

I miss OLN not so much because I watch it a lot but because what I do watch I really enjoy. I am a skier and really look forward to their coverage of World Cup ski racing. I also like the Tour de France. Somtimes I flip onto the yacht racing.

For my enjoyment of those few things I would be willing to pay a few extra bucks a year. I understand that most could give a hoot about OLN. And I am not willing to switch to Direct for other programming reasons not the least of which is the HD offerings on Dish.

Attachments

• oln.jpg
    oln.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 120
Any chance OLN comes back?

Scott, you mentioned a fight. Are negotiations continuing or have bridges been burned and doors closed?

I'm one of the few diehard NHL fans who will make the switch to D* if this isn't resolved (I'm missing Penguins game #2 beacuse of this BS tonite).

-Nate

I wonder if the NHL is involved in trying to end the dispute yet. They have to scrape up every single viewer they can find.

Personally I think that these negotiations may be more complex than people realize..Comcast has an application before the FCC to purchase part of Adelphia..Also E* and D* are in negotiations for INHD 1& 2!! Also Howard Stern on Demand

As far as I know Howard Stern on In Demand does not start until March, I have a feeling we will see it on Dish, in addition it would not surprise me to see a "Stern" package which includes the In demand channel and the Howard Stern Sirius audio channels.

Scott Greczkowski said:
As far as I know Howard Stern on In Demand does not start until March, I have a feeling we will see it on Dish, in addition it would not surprise me to see a "Stern" package which includes the In demand channel and the Howard Stern Sirius audio channels.

that would be sweet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)