Olympia Beer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
I wonder how much the Olympia Beer company paid Clint Eastwood to present their "beer" on the movie "Every Which Way But Loose"?

One of my fav movies. It is a lot of fun! It is just a great kick. Great music, too. Mel Tillis and Charlie Rich! And Clint's costar (who was also in THE GAUNTLET) is a great singer - Sondra Lock.

I love the scene in the bar with the wild clam! That is a great scene.

RADAR

Which brings up the questions you're likely to hear.
Are there or aren't there Artesians?
Do you think one will ever be found?

Jim

Evel Knievel gave Olympia Beer lots of publicity as well. Knievel gave them plugs when he was on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. He had it on his Jump suit, his truck . And believe it or not he wanted them to find a way to have his Skycycle run on Olympia Beer.

Clint was on Monday Night Football back in 1977 or 78 talking about the release of the Movie, Every Which Way But Loose. I think Clint may have never made that movie if Burt Reynolds hadn't done Smokey and The Bandit. It turned out to be one of his biggest money makers ever . As much as you see him drinking in the movie the real Eastwood doesn't drink very much. We met him at the Restaurant he owned called The Hogs Breath Inn back when he was Mayor in Carmel California. ( I ate a Dirty Harry Burger , No kidding). Eastwood is a health nut. Works out all the time. Back then he was into a Life Extention Program that he was talking about with the man who went with me to see him. Mega-doses of Vitamins. etc.

We sure have a lot of fun here, don't we? You guys and gals are the geatest! You cannot get this much fun and technical knowledge from any other site... Tools and technical advice and history and a lot of fun and smiles to keep it pleasently suprising and fun. How can any forum beat ours?

Thumbs up to every member here! And THANKS to everyone!

Gordy (RADAR)

Which brings up the questions you're likely to hear.
Are there or aren't there Artesians?
Do you think one will ever be found?

Jim

Absolutely there are artesian wells. Lots of them in North and South Dakota. Down here in Nebraska I havent seen one myself, but I think they exist here. All it is is a naturally pressurized water source or spring.

At my Grandfather's farm near Redfield, South Dakota, the water table is close to the surface and the weight of the earth pushes on the underground reservoirs and forces the water to the surface and spits it out as if it were under pressure from a mechanical pump.

If you take a canoe trip down the Niobrara River in the northwest corner (panhandle) of Nebraska, you will see water pouring out of the hillside. That is an artesian water well also. Basically, it is any water source that is forced to the surface by the pressure of the earth around or over an underground water aquifer. Thus emerging as a pressurized spring.

The major difference is that it cannot just be surface water running out. It has to be a deep reservoir of water that is under pressure and finds its way to the surface through some sort of a fissure. I refer to all other water that just eminates from saturated soil as simply a "spring". Springs usually are dependant upon surface water to feed them. Artesian wells are a tap to a HUGE reservoir of filtered water from far below. Like the Ogallala Aquifer. Ogallala Aquifer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some of you may have heard of the recent controversy of running a high pressure oil pipeline from the oil sands of Canada across the Sandhills of Nebraska and thus over the top of the Ogallala Aquifer. If you read up on the situation, you will understand that there is no way that a rupture in such a pipeline could contaminate the aquifer. It requires tens of thousands of years if not more for even water to recharge this reservoir. If a pipeline rupture were to ocur, the leaked oil would have no chance of reaching this aquifer and contaminating it. Not only would it require more time for the oil to get there, we would clean it up before it ever had the chance. Even if the clean up required 1,000 years the oil would not reach the aquifer.

You see in some cases, we (or the avid ecologists) go overboard with some of these subjects without knowing everything or they hide what they don't want YOU to know. They are scary, or at least they talk scary. Do not believe everything that you hear on the news. Research it for your self so that you really know the truth.

I am not grinding a personal axe against or for any of this. I am just hoping to make you all think about what your hear on the news and inciting you to research it before you accept their judgement. Don't believe what they say, or what I say for that matter either, research it for yourself.

It doesn't matter if you research satellite TV or Hurricane Katrina or the 9-11 attacks. Use your mind and research it fully so that you know it all and know it true.

You must realize that I am always right! HAH! Well, that is just a fun joke. No one is right all the time. I thought about this once and I found out that I was wrong. :)

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.