Olympic Boxing

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
For boxing fans, especially those that love to watch amateur boxing, the Boxing coverage for the Olympics will be on CNBC.

Me too! I had read some time ago that boxing was only going to be online, glad to see that isn't true.

I set a series link for it as it shows up at all kinds of different times.

I usually watch it when nothing else interesting is on.

There has been a lot of talk about the Olympic scoring when it comes to boxing and how bad it is. In the next Olympics, they will go with the 10 point must system that is used by the pros.

I cannot blame them, after the 2 matches I have seen, the scoring system(they use a computer system to score matches) is an atrocity.

salsadancer7 said:
There has been a lot of talk about the Olympic scoring when it comes to boxing and how bad it is. In the next Olympics, they will go with the 10 point must system that is used by the pros.

I cannot blame them, after the 2 matches I have seen, the scoring system(they use a computer system to score matches) is an atrocity.

I agree, I think it was a boxer from Ghana, he absolutely dominated the other guy in the 1st 2 rounds. He coasted in the 3rd the round was at worst a draw for him. He lost. What a joke.

I will say this this though, in the past politics has entered in to judges decisions, that is why the "unbiased" computer system was instituted.

There's been some good matches everyday so far. But as noted, many get tainted with the screwy scoring system.

And to make it even worse, the counts often aren't even close to being right. I can't remember how many rounds have been well undercounted in the scoring. And body shots seem to be almost totally ignored.

Next Olympics they are supposed to go to the 10 point must system so it won't be possible to have a boxer win 2 rounds and lose the match because of a lopsided 3rd round.

I'm in the middle of watching this afternoon's broadcast. What an absolutely horrible example of officiating, by both the judges and the referees. That Japanese fighter got royally screwed as did the Iranian in the later fight. What a hosing they both took!

I'm glad to see that the Japanese have filed a protest. And that young Iranian walking out of the ring and refusing to participate in the sham of the declaration of winner deserves a Gold medal for balls!

This officiating makes the screwups in the pro boxing arenas look like real geniuses!!

I hadn't seen the article on the ref. The last I saw indicated they were considering sanctions. Good to know they tossed him.

And yeah, it should never have happened. But that is Olympics sports mixed with incompetence and politics! :(

Did you watch the clip?? Not only was the refereeing atrocious, the fight itself was terrible. It looked like two drunk guys throwing hands outside your neighborhood bar....:eek:

I watched the entire match. Yeah, it wasn't a great match to begin with.

I had the other guy winning the 1st 2 rounds, but that last round was just a fiasco. How a fighter can get that fatigued in 6 minutes at that level just amazes me.

Sometimes good things happen. They overturned the defeat of Errol Spence of the US, so he advances.

In other news, yet another fighter gets a fight taken away from him by a referee. In Light Flyweight the Filipino fighter got hosed! I wonder if that one will get overturned and the referee put on a plane out of London?

Sheesh, I don't ever want to hear someone bitch about the pro boxing scoring and referees, on their very worst days they couldn't be this bad!

I need to call my heart doctor and tell him to warm up another stent at this rate! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)