Reminder: Olympic soccer starts on Weds. July 25

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
Just a reminder for those who like soccer and want to cheer the USA on, the olympic soccer games start on Weds July 25, two days before the opening ceremonies on July 27. (They did a similar schedule during the '08 games as well.) Looks like for 2012, our country is only gonna be in the women's soccer, not the men's. The 1st game is against France and will be shown at 12 PM EDT on NBC Sports Network and on the NBC Specialty Soccer channel.

Olympic TV Schedule | NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, MSNBC, Bravo | NBC Olympics
http://www.london2012.com/football/event/women/

Last edited:
Amazes me that the stadiums are still so empty. Just watched the French-N Korea game.

I remember going to a game at the Rose Bowl during the 84 Games, and it was packed - indeed, we were way up in the nosebleeds (and the game did not involve any major teams, it is so long ago I can't even remember who played :) ).

My neighbor is from the UK, he flew back over for the games. He said it's a big story over there. Supposedly all events are sold out. People are trying to buy tickets but none are available and no one with IOC or LOCOG wants to explain why. Supposedly they released another 3000 tickets this morning for tomorrow's events. I just finished reading a BBC article that says VIP seat attendance is down 15% from previous Games. The LOCOG is asking all federations, teams and broadcast groups to return any tickets that not going to be used. The empty seats are reserved for "Olympic Family" or in other words IOC members, government officials, etc..

And VERY visible to the TV cameras. Even noticed for the womens gymnastics and you KNOW those are sold out.....

BTW- What happened to Spain???? They just imploded.

indeed, all I saw in the French game was empty seats. The cameras rarely panned the full stadium, and I suspect I know why. Sad.

I must also say, I wish goals were scored more often like they were in that French-NK game. 4 in the last 20 minutes. I wish soccer had more shots on goal; so much more fun when there is some action.

Watching the Great Britain/Brazil women's game. The crowd is not bad, better than some of the previous games, but the camera's are still not panning up higher than 5 or 10 rows into the crowd, so you're not getting a good view of the entire field. I had to laugh at half, the announcer says it's a good crowd and they have them stacked in here. At that very moment they went to a wide view of the entire stadium and it isn't a quarter full.

I was surprised the New Zealand goalie got up after taking a knee to the face from Alex Morgan flying through the play. I thought for sure they were both gonna be out with injuries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)