Olympics Closing Ceremonies in HD? Plans?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rvaidyan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 24, 2004
Duluth, MN
Having been completely disgusted with NBC for their HD coverage of the Olympics (only able to see on-day-delay on local NBC-DT), I was wondering what the HD plans are for the closing ceremonies.

Will this be shown live in HD? Or will it also be one a one-day delay on my local OTA digital channel?

Anyone know?

According to the schedule - it will follow the one day delay.

It will only be available from 4-8 am EST on Monday and repeated just once from 8 am to noon.

WORTHLESS!!!! NBC did a very VERY poor job with the HD coverage - from the delay to the constant pixellation during motion.

I heard that NBC has the rights to the next winter olympics , but the HD delay broacast wont begin until the following summer.

Maybe, but like a lot of people on this list, I do not get the wonderful "Olympics channel" and am stuck getting it OTA. The OTA HD schedule is quite different from the "Olympics Channel" HD schedule, right? I tried reading through the other thread, but still don't understand why NBC elected to do this to us.

rvaidyan said:
Maybe, but like a lot of people on this list, I do not get the wonderful "Olympics channel" and am stuck getting it OTA. The OTA HD schedule is quite different from the "Olympics Channel" HD schedule, right? I tried reading through the other thread, but still don't understand why NBC elected to do this to us.
The HD feed is identical regardless of where you get it.

rvaidyan said:
The HD feed is identical no matter how you get it.

DarrellP said:
The HD feed is identical regardless of where you get it.
Really? I was under the (obviously mistaken) impression that if I had been "authorized" to get the Olympics Channel on Voom, I would have been able to see the HD events live.

Then why even have the Olympics HD channel in O&O markets? What is the advantage of that over OTA? :confused:

Voom's OlympicHD channel was better in my area, it's almost 12pmET here in Florida, can anyone check if they are going to keep playing the closing ceremonies (which I can't see cuz I'm at work) maybe Ill catch them after, or also check to see if NBCHD stays on?

Channels 321, 593, and 594 are all gone from the PG. Here in Memphis the NBC HD OTA is back to normal programming. The closing ceremonies ended at 11:00 CST.

Jerry

So it is done???? The only way to see the closing ceremonies are to have woken up at 3 AM? I mistakenly read it as 3 PM and was planning on going home early to see it. No repeats? This has to be the most ridiculous HD coverage of a major event on earth!

I saw the closing ceremonies this morning while getting ready for work, the closing ceremonies were cut up and was less then 15 minutes long.

It was kind of disapointing to see it cut up like it was.

Greece did a great job as host for the Olympics though. :)

I watched it this morning around 8:30 for 15-20 minutes or so. It actually looked very good. Much less pixelation then on my local SD channel yesterday. And it was also more interesting to watch: longer shots, panoramic views, and not so frequent commercial breaks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)