Olympics - On Demand

Yespage

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Ohio
Must say, I like the On Demand selection and streaming quality for this year's Olympics. I've been able to catch up on the lesser popular sports, X-Country skiing and the like at my leisure. Quite happy with how Dish has made this stuff available, especially based on how unusable the NBC website is.

I have a 722k. I press DVR, browse TV Shows by Network and Sochi is mercifully the first option so you don't have to scroll slowly to get down to the S's in the 722k's antiquated On Demand system.

I am getting constant drops. Using wireless. I've never had any luck with PQ streaming from Dish. Roku sits right beside it and works great. Using a netgear wireless-n dual band adapter

I am getting constant drops. Using wireless. I've never had any luck with PQ streaming from Dish. Roku sits right beside it and works great. Using a netgear wireless-n dual band adapter
What receiver? I have no trouble bringing in 4 of 4 quality.

On a Hopper I did a search for XXII Winter Olympics and it pulled right up that way. Could not easily find it by going straight to the On-Demand section though. However, I noticed that we now have the full NBC On-Demand (had not noticed that before so I'm assuming that's relatively new).

On the Hopper, press the OnDemand button on the remote (there are multiple other ways to get there too), arrow down one row to "TV shows" and it's the second item in the list.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

One thing I did notice: The "HD" icon goes away after you watch an event.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392913067776.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392913067776.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 120

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts