Olympics on Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jamieh1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Greenville Washington New Bern, NC
Well all the hype with the Olympics on Directv was just a bunch of fluff!!!

They said that there would be mix channel coverage, I saw maybe 2 screens on at once at the most.
DTV made it out to sound like MIX channel would have 6 sceens of Olympics.

They said 15-20 hrs of excusive DVR content, I didnt see anything, unless I wanted to schedule ch 731. And Im sure all subs could see 731.
I was expecting some showcases.

I agree, it was horrible...and the one screen on the mix channel was primarily a promo for the Olympics and not a live event.

I think the overall coverage was good. NBC and its channels had almost every event covered. I watch most all of the hockey and curling matches, which for the most were live. I do feel NBC did fall a little short in their Prime Time coverage. But none of that was the fault of D*, they could only transmit what they received from the NBC Networks.

As far as the Mix channels, I only have a H20 and a HTL-HD, so I don't have any interactive features. But several times I was able to go to Sports Mix and see what channel a particular event, that I was looking for, was on.

Last Winter Olympics the entire U.S. coverage was horrible. I had my C_Band dish and watched most of the coverage, on CBC as the U.S. coverage was big time BAD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)