OMG - I need to vent

Customers shouldn't have to know to call a local retailer, to them Dish is no different than calling the local phone company, cable company, or electrical utility. It's up to Dish to provide a good customer experience. It is not up to the customer to seek it out.

Nobody said a customer 'had to call' a local retailer. The fact is that usually the customer experience is much better when the customer can call a local office, talk to the same people who take care of them personally and then get good service from a local company. You know, just like the local phone company, local cable company or local electrical utility. :)

For most people that sure beats the hell out of calling a call center somewhere, talking to a faceless person who would rather be somewhere else and then having the lowest bidder come and start drilling holes in your house, and when they're done they hope to never see you again.

For the best customer experience call your local retailer, if you have a good one.

This just doesn't sound right. Dish just did this exact (service request) for me. He showed up driving his Dish truck, removed ladder, climbed ladder, walked on roof changed out LNB for H3 checked signal and left.

Reactions: Blackhawks
This just doesn't sound right. Dish just did this exact (service request) for me. He showed up driving his Dish truck, removed ladder, climbed ladder, walked on roof changed out LNB for H3 checked signal and left.

Some sub contractors and Regional Service Providers drive vans with DISH markings. Either he was one of them or he hopes his boss doesn't find out. ;)

Do him a big favor, and do NOT call Dish and mention that he did this, ever!

If he's a Dish employee and he did this, he will get fired.

It might also depend on the location and season. I would never expect anyone to go on a roof with snow. It is just to dangerous.

Dish & DirecTV have been on my roof to mount the DISH on the chimney
They did that here as well. But, the chimney is accessible from the ladder. The last Dish tech that I had out here reset the dish on the chimney and did all the work from the ladder.

You REALLY don't want a chimney mount. Bad for the chimney. Weren't they made verboten many years ago?

Why don't you post some pictures of your install.

Yes they can't go on the roof, but if they wanted to go up there they could and nobody would need to know.

There is more to it and likely not going on your roof is an excuse to get out of an install.

More than likely they would be required to bring your install up to spec, which meant redoing the entire install which they did not want to do.

Could be wrong, but installers can be LAZY!

Some sub contractors and Regional Service Providers drive vans with DISH markings. Either he was one of them or he hopes his boss doesn't find out. ;)
Like this truck? He really went out of his way making it look official. This was security cam on install day.

Attachments

• DISH Truck.JPG
    DISH Truck.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 215
Your limited experience is not the norm, in fact around here exactly the opposite is true. We get calls all the time to clean up the mess that the DISH Regional Service Provider tech left. Like I said, call your local retailer, if you have a good one.
How do you know his limited experience is not the norm but yours is?
How is a customer supposed to 1) know they should contact a retailer and 2) know whether it's a "good one" or not? Sorry, I agree this is on Dish. The first rep should have said "I can't go on the roof, but I can install another Dish for you". Now, the new install may have been an upcharge because the customer didn't order the Hopper from Dish (or is Amazon a "rep"?).

How is a customer supposed to 1) know they should contact a retailer and 2) know whether it's a "good one" or not? Sorry, I agree this is on Dish. The first rep should have said "I can't go on the roof, but I can install another Dish for you". Now, the new install may have been an upcharge because the customer didn't order the Hopper from Dish (or is Amazon a "rep"?).
Agree,
I'd rather have the Tech that Dish sends, then the clowns at my 3 local retailers that probably couldn't pass a drug test or even a back round check.

There has to be a reason Dish sends a tech from 40 miles away and not one from the 3 retailers that are under 20 miles.

But, also people why Buy a Hopper 3 outright if you can't install the thing yourself anyway.

Well guys the story is not over yet.
When I get home from work yesterday my wife tells me a DISH CSR called her and said they were unable to find a sub contractor that would take the work, so they were cancelling my Hopper 3 upgrade. Man, FIOS is starting to sound really good right now. Except, I already bought the Hopper 3 outright from Amazon.

I don't understand the issue. The Dish is mounted at the peak of the roof on my 2 story colonial home. This is a modest 2000 sqft house. Its not a sky skrapper or Taj Mahal.

So its clear that DISH is not going to help me. Do you guys now recommend trying to get a local retailer to do it, or can I buy the LNB myself and get a gutter cleaner / window washer to go up there and put it on? Since I've already sunk money into the Hopper, a few more bucks on some extra dish hardware aren't going to kill me, if I can find out exactly what I need to buy.

Well, you've provided us with an excellent example to share in the future about why it's not a good idea to buy your equipment.

I wouldn't count on the window washer aiming the dish well. ;)

Reactions: Troch77 and KAB

Because my experience is not limited. ;)

Reactions: Tampa8
So its clear that DISH is not going to help me.

Like I suggested above, I really think you should contact a DIRT member and see if they can get this sorted out for you where the phone CSRs have failed. It may not help in this case, but I think it would be worth trying as they are generally pretty capable at sorting out issues the regular CSRs have difficulty with. Looks like LailaS@DISH is online right now, if you want to shoot her a PM (you can do so by clicking on her name in my post and hit "Start a Conversation". Either way, good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts