Omnidirection HDTV Antenna - VHF/UHF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jake_E

Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
Omnidirectional HDTV Antenna - VHF/UHF

I'm looking into getting an outdoor omnidirectional HDTV antenna to go along with a coming FTA installation, with the signal being split to 4 different televisions.

Being in Fayetteville, NC, all of our stations are pretty well dispersed, Raleigh/Durham, Greensboro, Wilmington, etc. The big stations that we want to get are all within 30-45 miles.

I've basically narrowed it down to the Channel Master CM 3000 or the Winegard 2000 (there's also a 2002 at the same retailer, but I don't know what the difference is). They look pretty similar, so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with either or both, compare/contrast, etc.

Thanks.

You are going to need a much better ant. for what you want to do, the stations are more that 30-45 miles.
You will need a rotor and and an ant with more gain that the 2 you are looking at

Our Terk HDTVa is working great indoors, maybe I'll just stick with that...

We don't even move it, we've found a "sweet spot" so to speak that gets all of the channels we want without a single problem, even though they're spread out over almost 360 degrees.

I may give the omni a shot anyway, mounted near the ridgeline of our roof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)