on c band 6 feet dish should i get polar mount or stationary

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The C/Ku LNBF's are nice. I have the DMX741U. I like the universal Ku side to the LNB...There are times however I just can't blind scan some feeds in on the universal side. I agree a 6' dish is on the small side especially when you get into HD programming

Dj, By all means Polar mount. I had the six footer with a stationary mount and it was a lot of work constantly moving the dish from one sat to another. Just think about freezing your hind end off in the snow adjusting the dish....Been there done that! I've got a C/Ku lnb on mine and get excellent results so far. Check 121W Cband as I think there's a couple of kids channels in Spanish there. Blind:)

I would recommend a polar mount. Once you have it set it is easy to change satellites manually, and you have the option of adding a linear actuator to do the moving electronically with a G/Vbox etc.
A 6' dish is a minimum size though, you might look for a larger one if you can find one.
-C.

I would go with the C2 for C-Band only

I have a few and they work great :)

I'll hold you to that recommendation since I just ordered one along with an actuator for my new dish. ;)

Perhaps dumb ? however Does C2 refer to the GeoSat Pro C2?

GeoSatPro C2:

Perhaps dumb ? however Does C2 refer to the GeoSat Pro C2?
Yes, sorry if that wasn't clear.
But, see my comment above in post #6, where I linked to a C2 advert... and quoted Brian of SatelliteAV, the importer/distributor of them.
The product is sold by both SatelliteAV and Sadoun.

Must have been a "big run" on the C2 since Sadoun called and said it's out of stock (along with the actuator I ordered).

Sadoun had been running a promotional price on the C2's for a few months(?).
That and the favorable talk here on the forum probably helped reduce his inventory.

SatelliteAV is the importer/distributor and lists the C2 on his site.
Give 'em a call and see what they say. Their site says "in stock"
I didn't ask when I talked to 'em yesterday, since I'd already bagged a generous supply last year. :cool:

The front page of the WSI/Galaxy site lists a 24" dish mover motor.
It's at a promotional price right now, so check soon and decide if it's something you can use.

I love the C2 I've got. Does great on C/Ku I'd love to see a group buy again and I'd get a couple more of them. It beats my 421 I had for Ku only, any day. Blind

We have a small quantity of C2 LNBFs in stock. The manufacturer released the product one day before the New Year holiday, so they have been sitting on a loading dock for several weeks! :mad: The C2s will be loaded on the ship tomorrow and should be in our warehouse within 10 days and in Sadoun's several days later. :D

Well, since I'm not too interested in working on the new dish in this weather anyway, I guess it's not a big deal if I've got to wait a month.

I had to cancel my actuator order with Sadoun since they told me that it won't be available for 6 months! But, I am continuing with the C2 LNBF. I'll let you all know what I think of it after I get this dish project completed (probably after this snow melts in about a month).

Johnny, Which actuator was on back order for six months? That's a long time! Blind

QARL-3636 36", 36V. And I'm having trouble finding another source that doesn't cost a fortune. I suppose I could order a 24" from Sadoun.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)