Please reply by conversation.

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
Awoke this morning to good and bad news:

Good news - I now have a full 6 days of programming information, that's right SIX days! :eek: I had to scroll right to next Monday afternoon at 2:30PM before it ran out.

Bad News - I've lost about 80% of my channels! :mad:

What the h!!??

Now I could be wrong but I don't remember having all these problems when the IPG was on G0. Since it moved to G1 it's been one problem after another and I'm really getting tired of it! .

I just read on satforums that the guide is screwed up for many. I guess we need to call NPS & SRL and get them to contact Motorola again. G1 vs G10 has nothing to do with it. It's probably the program that Motorola is using a very corrupted. I heard there was a fiasco when they were moving HITS to C band and tried to clean up the data base and did a cut and paste to get it back up again. Probably haunting them now.

I'll have to use my unsubscribed direct tv receiver and a pizza dish I threw up there to use there guide till they fix the 4D. :( Actually if anyone wants a nice guide for free toss up a 18" pizza dish on 101 and use a donated old direct tv receiver for it. I use it to check schedules when generics are ITC on the 4DTV.

I notice the EPG for many channels is incorrect. TCM, FMC, ALTV, TVLand to name a few examples. Many titles and programs are wrong or start - end times for movies also incorrect.

I noticed it after the time changed 2 weeks ago.

I just power reset my 922 in order to get SyFy to show up again.

How do you "force" a download ?

Move your dish to G1 and set your channel to 3 or 150(Stars) and press the guide button and let it set until your guide loads up. Or unplug your receiver for 60 sec. Plug back in and do nothing for about 1/2 hour. That should download your guide.

G1 - 167 is your best bet.

it hepled populate my guide. funny thing is i scrolled to then end of the 7th day to force it to populate. i normally only get a few hours. it did populate but the next day all the info was gone and i had to go to g1 to repopulate. kinda sketchy.

crackt out,.

just reading the posts on getting the guide going and I'm having a problem getting the guide activated through my supplier , he says he rehit it but I still get no guide so what does a person do or is it that the guide will not come in due to satellite problems or is it he does not know how to activate ...kinda curious even after I did a master reset .... any info on this ...thanks

When the dish is on G1-167 do you get a green digital signal light? What quality signal are you getting on G1-167? When the dish is pointing at G1 and set to 167, press the right arrow key to bring up the popup. The number on the far right is sig quality. Should be higher than 50. If not, press the right arrow key until the position block is highlighted and then use the up or down arrows to bump the dish to get the highest sig quality.

Then press the Guide button and wait about 2-3 minutes for guide to begin to download. (You will know guide is downloading because movie names will begin to appear). Then press the info button and stay on that channel until the channel number (167) shows up on the front of the receiver.

I got it on G1-167 and signal is at 88% but I think the problem is the ipg is not activated and the provider I got it from said he rehit a couple times and still nothin for guide , so why can he not activate the guide is my question , the diagnostics says the guide is not activated so I do not want to be a bother just that I thought it would be great to have a guide....thanks

When you get the re-hit, what satellite and channel do you have the dish pointed at? Are you looking at the TDT counter when you get the re-hit? Does it increment? Your provider should be able to walk you through all this, step by step, and confirm whether it took or not.

Larry

You can take hits on premium channels and most W5 channels. To see your trip counter go to options 6,5.

the sat channel that I have it on was G1-3 and even tried 167 and as for the tdt counter its at 1706, just did a master reset just before I ordered programming , my concern would be why the guide cannot display it did work after the reset then he rehit it and then it disappeared so can I try another provider and say order a couple channels and see if that works or is it something in the receiver ...thanks

it hepled populate my guide. funny thing is i scrolled to then end of the 7th day to force it to populate. i normally only get a few hours. it did populate but the next day all the info was gone and i had to go to g1 to repopulate. kinda sketchy.

I have to update the guide on a daily basis.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts