On Demand at my Cottage in Canada

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

frederico

Original poster
Jun 11, 2014
I am new to your site...some great information. I am a Michigan resident with paid Directv account who has a cottage in Ontario. I take my receiver to the other side of Lake Huron and enjoy my U.S. tv.

Just curious how I can access my On Demand seeing that I have a Canadian router at the cottage ? Please don't slam me too hard if I am "breaking Canadian laws" !!

My apologies if this question has been raised recently. The only similar post I could find was from 2012.

Thanks in advance.

We have 2 HR24s that stay at our Canadian home year round(just to clarify we are not stacking as when were not there no one is) but I've never connected up to the internet. I've been told by others that do connect that they've been issue free with it so who knows.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My suggestion would be to Not .... when your in Canada.
Just to be safe .... not saying they are gonna be calling you on it, but why chance it.

If I recall when this came up some odd years ago we recommended the cm to run his Internet up north through a vpn to his home in the states.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.