On Demand Directv through my laptop/network bridge

Mhamila

Original poster
Dec 15, 2009
Phoenix
I had on demand set up through a wireless laptop, somehow I screwed up the network bridge setup....can someone post the steps necessary to configure on demand w' wireless laptop running Windows latest OS

thanks in advance

Mike
Phoenix
Directv user since '94

You need to configure your laptop to "share" your internet connection. It's in the network settings.

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

he enabled internet connection Sharing on his laptop..

He was receiving the signals from the wireless card on his computer and he shared it out throught the ethernet port on the same laptop.

if you are using windows XP here is how it works.

To enable Internet Connection Sharing on a network connection, follow theses steps:
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network Connections.
2. Click the local area network (LAN) in your case it wout be the wireless on your laptop.connection or click the dial-up networking connection that you want to share (that is, the one that connects to the Internet), and then under Network Tasks, click Change settings of this connection.
3. On the Advanced tab, click to select the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection check box.
4. Under Internet Connection Sharing in Home networking connection, select the connection that connects the computer that is sharing its Internet connection to the other computers on your network.
Note that to enable Internet Connection Sharing in Windows XP, you must have administrative rights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)