On Demand HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

robsadler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Charleston, WV
Any idea when we will be able to get some HD On Demand? Kinda silly being the HD receivers are the only ones that are capable of On Demand. I would take 10 HD titles instead of 100's of SD titles to download.

I would image because it is in BETA still and it is easier to work the bugs out and not waste bandwidth on HD content (that will have bugs) until the bugs are worked out! Once most of the bugs are gone, I would expect HD content to show up. Since my cable provider (Knology) does not even have VOD, I appreciate what D* has done so far!!!

I wouldn't expect to see VOD untill the next sat. goes up.
By the way goober22 I see you live down the road a piece from me. Hi neighbor I'm just the other side of Mexico Beach by the old Wonder Bar.

I wouldn't expect to see VOD untill the next sat. goes up.
By the way goober22 I see you live down the road a piece from me. Hi neighbor I'm just the other side of Mexico Beach by the old Wonder Bar.

I wouldn't think HD VOD would have anything to do with an additional satellite. Unless DirecTV management can't handle multiple projects, these have nothing to do with one another. All VOD content is delivered by Internet, not satellite.

Do you mean it comes from Satellite or still from your Broadband connection?

I have the latest CE 0x1CA and it still downloads Video On Demand via my Broadband not Satellite as of today.

Broadband connection. It works great. I have mine hooked up wireless.

I think the op was referring to hd vod. I haven't seen any, yet.

There were several HD VOD shows during the early CE of VOD. They were delivered by broadband, just like all the other content. I have seen no indication anywhere that DirecTV would deliver HD VOD content by any other means going forward.

I've also had zero issues with VOD since getting it through the CE.

Can someone tell me what channels are the VOD channels...
Look in the guide in starting at ch 1000 on the HR20's. Basically a DoD channel is the same channel number as the live channel, just with a 1 in front of it, Starz which is 520 is 1520 in the DoD guide for example.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)