On demand issues on HR24, genie is fine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

matty8199

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
i moved a month or two ago and had the genie installed as part of the move...i have a genie, two minis, and a HR24 connected, and a few other receivers in spare rooms that aren't installed yet. the HR44 is connected via Ethernet and is lightning fast when watching VOD...but, the HR24 seems to stutter and take forever to download anything. on the genie, i can hit play and watch an entire movie without it ever stopping to buffer...on the HR24, i can't even get through a half hour show without it freezing and hanging. The HR24 is on the coax network...

is there anything i can do to fix this? I've tried WiFi originally on the genie, thinking Ethernet would fix it but it didn't. I also tried Ethernet on the HR24 as well, no dice...

i moved a month or two ago and had the genie installed as part of the move...i have a genie, two minis, and a HR24 connected, and a few other receivers in spare rooms that aren't installed yet. the HR44 is connected via Ethernet and is lightning fast when watching VOD...but, the HR24 seems to stutter and take forever to download anything. on the genie, i can hit play and watch an entire movie without it ever stopping to buffer...on the HR24, i can't even get through a half hour show without it freezing and hanging. The HR24 is on the coax network...

is there anything i can do to fix this? I've tried WiFi originally on the genie, thinking Ethernet would fix it but it didn't. I also tried Ethernet on the HR24 as well, no dice...
You ran an Ethernet cable from your router to the HR24 and that didn't help ?

Correct....still had the same problems.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Do you have Whole Home Service on your account? Because if you do then just download On Demand on the HR44 and watch it on the HR24, if not then reboot your modem/router then reboot the HR24 if it's ethernet connected directly, then make sure you restore defaults in Network Setup settings on the HR24.

Yep, always have...even at the old house

As for downloading on the genie and watching on the 24, that's crazy...I don't want to have to run upstairs and turn that TV on, download the program, turn the TV off, then come all the way back downstairs to actually watch once its downloaded. That kinda defeats the purpose of "on demand" no?

I guess is how fast your ISP internet speed is mines is 50 mbps and 10 upload so it's no problem here with the same equipment setup HR44/24, also take into account that the HR44 is faster and more responsive than the HR24 at least for me.

I guess is how fast your ISP internet speed is mines is 50 mbps and 10 upload so it's no problem here with the same equipment setup HR44/24, also take into account that the HR44 is faster and more responsive than the HR24 at least for me.
I have 75/35 FiOS, so that's not it. besides, if it were internet speed issues, it would be the same on both.

I tried it on the HR44 with no problems, haven't tried it on the HR24 yet, have you tried playing on demand without it being fully downloaded? Watch now feature.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Did you also rebooted your router and HR24? Since it should work equally on all receivers.

I tried it on the HR44 with no problems, haven't tried it on the HR24 yet, have you tried playing on demand without it being fully downloaded? Watch now feature.

yeah, the watch now feature is what is causing issues. if I let it download it seems to work fine...the problem is that my internet and DirecTV's servers are obviously fast enough to do watch now, since it works great on the genie. I just can't get it working on the 24...

Try a receiver refresh from Directv website and does the HR24 show as being Internet Connected on your account? From your list of current equipment under My Equipment. I would also RBR Genie if that helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts