Please reply by conversation.

larry55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 15, 2009
dothan al
when I try to download a program after a few minutes a message come come can't download the program try again later.

Just a couple questions,

What kind of receivers?
Wireless or wired connection to internet?
If wired is it direct to a receiver or to a DECA?
Who is your ISP?
What speed are you expected to receive?
What speed do you receive on a speed test?
What program/channel are you trying to download?
On demand or restart?
Have you run a system test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hr 54 with c51 & 61 clients. Wired to a Deccan. Centurylink my isp. Speed 10 on speed test. On HBO and discovery on demand. System test was good . We have 4 k tv so the c61 is hook to it .

I tried again this evening and it did the same thing . Can' t connect to direct try again later. Was working good for awhile till last week. I had to download the programs and watch it later. I'm getting fed up withDirec. A tech coming out tomorrow no problems with watch espn or Netflix. Appreciate any advice.

I tried again this evening and it did the same thing . Can' t connect to direct try again later. Was working good for awhile till last week. I had to download the programs and watch it later. I'm getting fed up withDirec. A tech coming out tomorrow no problems with watch espn or Netflix. Appreciate any advice.

A tech came out this morning . Directv is having problems with the on demand and hope to have the problem solved with software up date soon .

Yes, that's seems to me like a "i'm going to tell you this and then go away" excuse. I don't have the same issues.

Interesting, if thats the case, shouldn't we all be having the same issues ?
I had an issue with CBS on demand on Sunday. Tried last night and it worked, tried later in the evening and it didn't work. I went to the CBS on Demand page, 1003, and searched for shows and they all said they had not programming available. I didn't try any other channels.

He show me his email that the on demand was having problems. He was in house tech and was knowledge and wired the receiver to the etenent and doing a lot better.

Last edited:
I had an issue with CBS on demand on Sunday. Tried last night and it worked, tried later in the evening and it didn't work. I went to the CBS on Demand page, 1003, and searched for shows and they all said they had not programming available. I didn't try any other channels.
As far as I'm concerned, D*s. On-demand has been lacking since day 1.

First, you don't usually get All episodes available for a show, you get some and not in any kind of order.

If they are gonna do On Demand, let's do like Netflix and give you commercial free or 1 quick one and your done ... this is On Demand after All.
If I wanted commercials I'd record the original showing.

You get what the channel wants to give you (DirecTV does not control). And the channel also requires the commercials.
That said, if DirecTV took the feature seriously they could probably negotiate out of these issues.

A tech came out this morning . Directv is having problems with the on demand and hope to have the problem solved with software up date soon .
I've been having this problem for months now (error 927) and was told by D* it only affects certain ISPs.
My workaround? I use my Roku and download the "go" app of the channel that has what I want to watch.

same issue I have had for months talked to them last nite many have this issue still.

No on demand for months..

I know this will be very Odd
I went out last nite and my son messed around what he did was reset HR54 AND our samsung TV.
WOW I now have on demand back.
Why resetting TV had anything to do with it.

same issue I have had for months talked to them last nite many have this issue still.

No on demand for months..

I know this will be very Odd
I went out last nite and my son messed around what he did was reset HR54 AND our samsung TV.
WOW I now have on demand back.
Why resetting TV had anything to do with it.
Resetting the TV didn't have anything to do with it, just a coincident.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)