On Demand Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gigahurtz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2006
I seem to have a lot of issues with on demand on DTV. I've had nothing but issues with it since I got DTV back in December 2011. I seem to have internet connectivity issues. It will start to download the program and after about 1-2 % it says that it has lost connection and to check service. I have tried everything imaginable and nothing seems to work. It seems like the download will continue after I say okay on the download screen but whenever I play the content it freezes up after some time.

My fiance and myself really enjoyed the on demand content on Brighthouse Networks. That is one thing that I am very much missing from DirecTV. I really hope that this can be resolved -- looking for any suggestions.

I have actually restored receiver back to NR software release since I was on a CE from late January.

What does your network look like? Do you have Whole-home DVR with multiple receivers that can share recordings, any problems playing recordings from one box on another?

Sounds like a network problem, not a software problem.

What does your network look like? Do you have Whole-home DVR with multiple receivers that can share recordings, any problems playing recordings from one box on another?

Sounds like a network problem, not a software problem.

Yes, I have whole home DVR with two additional H25s. The whole home service has been good for quite some time. Early on when I first got service it was a little shaky but it was an issue with the box and early HR34 issues. Since then, whole home has not been an issue. The only other issue I can think of is that the cinema connection kit is connected through a switch and the switch to the router. It is wired directly and it's not a wireless connection kit.

Since you have the HR34, try connecting the ethernet cable directly between it and your switch or if you can to your router directly. Trying to see if it's either your CCK or your switch causing the issue.

Since you have the HR34, try connecting the ethernet cable directly between it and your switch or if you can to your router directly. Trying to see if it's either your CCK or your switch causing the issue.

Agree, this is a good solution if you can do it, and remove the CCK from the equation entirely.

How about powerline adapters? I was thinking of using these to connect from router to HR34 directly.

I've connected the CCK directly to the router and that seems to have resolved the issue. For whatever reason, the switch was causing the downloads to cut out. My next question: if I connect the receiver directly using a powerline adapter setup would I experience the same problems? Does anyone have any experience with this?

I know powerline adapters are not recommended. I'd leave it with the CCK wired directly to the Router.
I've had mine hooked up that way for over a year now and never had a hiccup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)