On demand question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rsoares28

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
Toronto
I have an hr24 and my installer gave me a deca to access on demand. I found out on this site that I actually needed a cck but my installer said to just Hook it up and I should be fine.

So I did... I got the "on demand will take 24hr to be available" pop up when i started my receiver. I can access the TV apps now... All the channels on my directv iPhone/iPad app show up now while on my local network but won't stream.. I get a service not available at the moment. I re added the on demand channels to my custom favourites but when ever I go to a show the only option I have is to record. How can I access shows "on demand"

Also when I go to network setup and connection test... I get "network services started correctly but connection test failed. What does that mean?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you in Canada? If so using ondemand (or having any internet connected) is a bad idea as Directv will clearly see where you are.

The DECA can be used for internet access but needs to be hooked up as part of the SWM network with a power supply, not just hooked to your receiver. If you have only one receiver you should hook it directly to the ethernet port and router, and not use the DECA.

Yes I am "north of buffalo"

I was worried about the same thing but my installer said its fine as tons of his clients are doing it and so is he.... Just to be safe I will turn on my VPN.

Here is how I have it hooked up... Power side of deca to power brick... Lnb side to 4 way swim switch. Ethernet from router plugged into the deca. Both lights are green on the deca.

Is that correct? It must be as my receiver is connected... It has an IP address and I'm able to download the TV apps.. But no on demand.

Call DirecTV and ask the CSR to check and make sure the DirecTV Cinema Service is on your account.. Thats the service that allows On Demand.. I ran into a similar issue recently when I changed receivers.
The service is free and if its missing it just takes a second to add it on..
The only other thing I could think of would be if your Router is blocking the on demand.. Turning the Firewall off in your router would let you know if thats the problem, but I'd bet on the Cinema Service.

Just checked my account online and it shows I have. "Directv cinema" under my subscriptions.... Is this what you are referring to?

Thanks

Still didn't get a chance to call but it looks like the directv cinema service is on my account. I setup the VPN and I'm connected again... I have YouTube and I'm able to watch videos but still no on demand. If i go to an on demand channel and select a show I only have record, view upcoming, cast and crew and done. Any advice?

it can take upto 24/48 hours before on demand is accessible to use once you first hook up a bbdeca. Give it until 2maro evening and see if things start being accessible. It sounds like everything is hooked up correctly bc you have youtube and everything

As of this morning (1.5 days later) still no on demand... I still only have the option to record... Any ideas?

We're talking on the receiver directly?
Whenever we select a on demand program, 'Record' starts downloading it

For example if I go to the HBO on demand channel and choose anything.. Movie/TV show.. The options I have are: record, view upcoming, cast and crew and done. Where is "play" or "watch"? I pressed record for a program and it showed up in my rec items list as "record pending" what does that mean.

What do you mean by record starts downloading it? To watch later? Can't it stream "on demand"

Thanks

For example if I go to the HBO on demand channel and choose anything.. Movie/TV show.. The options I have are: record, view upcoming, cast and crew and done. Where is "play" or "watch"? I pressed record for a program and it showed up in my rec items list as "record pending" what does that mean.

What do you mean by record starts downloading it? To watch later? Can't it stream "on demand"

Thanks

That’s how it works on the hr24 for now ,Just wait a few minutes then start watching it does not have to be complete and compared to dish it is the Cadillac of on demand it works great and ease to find programing

Really??? Ok so I press record then go to my record list, select the file and press play? Thanks guys ill try this tonight

Yeah tap record, and they start downloading to the playlist. 'Pending' means that particular one is in queue to start downloading.

The progress bar'll go from red to green

Just remember you cannot compare it to cable TV on demand that has a direct connection to their servers.
And it’s not streaming so it can buffer, it all depends on how long you wait and the speed of the internet.
I just used it to catch up on Banshee pick all the episodes before I went to bed and the next day it was waiting for me to watch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts