On Demand unit hook up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rlavinder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
I need help hooking up a Deca unit that is used to get the On Demand channels for a whole home DVR set up. I tried to install it but I could not get it to work.

1st I tried to hook it up power line in (for unit with internet hook up) toward the Signal IRD hook up on SWN unit. Then I used the toward LNB on internet unit to connect to the dvr receiver. That didn't work. I had a picture on the tv but when I ran system test it detected that it is configured to work with a home network and that make sure I have a Ethernet hook up.

2nd I tried to hook up the power line in of the internet unit to the power to SWM unit. I got the lights to turn on the internet unit but then I lost satellite signal.

What am I doing wrong so I can get the on demand channel to download and still have whole home dvr.

You need several things:

1. Cable from the SWM/SWM LNB
2. Broadband adapter
3. Power supply
4. Ethernet cable from your router to the broadband adapter

Connect the adapter input to the SWM

Connect the Ethernet cable to the broadband adapter

Connect the power supply to the broadband adapter

Plug in the power supply.

If this all seems very odd, I would ask you to carefully recompose your question as I'm not sure I understood what you were trying to say.

Sorry I was trying to remember what I did. I ordered the part from a local installer and we tried to get it to work but could not. He took the part back because he thought we needed to split the signal from the satilite. There is no dedicated plug in for the power broadband receiver that we were supplied. There was a coaxle plug in on the for the power in on the broadband unit that we tried to connect to the swm unit power. The other end of the broadband unit said toward LNB and we tried to connect it toward the Signal to IRD on the swm unit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts