On Demand?

priester68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Natchez, MS
So I just got dsl internet at my house and connected it to my 722k. So where is the on demand content? Besides PPV isn't there a bunch of stuff you can download for free? When I was with Directv, their on demand stuff was all listed like channels and when you picked a channel, it would show a menu of stuff you could download for free pertaining to that channel. I'm sure Dish has a ton of stuff too, I just can't find it. I looked in the (Dish button on remote) interactive menu and all I could find was PPV stuff. Can anyone help me with this? thanks.

Also, DishONLINE is very poorly organized as you need to know the title of the show you are looking for rather than having a channel name portal. So, you will have to dig to find what you want, but it is there. There is a SORT and SEARCH function you can use to help find content.

Dish doesn't seem to have as much free VOD as others, but I have downloaded free HD episodes in the past. On the other hand, the movie library has thousands of titles, of awful, good, and great movies: a potpourri of films. Not enough HD content, for me, though. The vast majority is SD. Good luck.

plus some of the VOD stuff will spool to your receiver over the next few days. you should see stuff start to appear at channel 1 and 501.

And as far as I know (from my previous experience) that once you start a download, you can't cancel it.

I hope they improve this - A LOT! otherwise it's a waste of time (for me).

Also, DishONLINE is very poorly organized as you need to know the title of the show you are looking for rather than having a channel name portal. So, you will have to dig to find what you want, but it is there. There is a SORT and SEARCH function you can use to help find content.

Dish doesn't seem to have as much free VOD as others, but I have downloaded free HD episodes in the past. On the other hand, the movie library has thousands of titles, of awful, good, and great movies: a potpourri of films. Not enough HD content, for me, though. The vast majority is SD. Good luck.

i'm confused. how else would you possibly want to search for a show? what else is there besides the name? i doubt there are very many people that know the channel and time of a show but not the name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts