ON-Direct progarm magazine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ArtWIS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2005
Anybody here getting the ON-Direct program schedule magazine? I presently get ONSAT's Direct magazine and from pictures I've seen of directs guide mag it seems like it may be the same magazine with a different cover. The ONSAT guide magazine is not very accurate at times and I'm wondering if Directs mag is any better.

ArtWIS said:
Anybody here getting the ON-Direct program schedule magazine? I presently get ONSAT's Direct magazine and from pictures I've seen of directs guide mag it seems like it may be the same magazine with a different cover. The ONSAT guide magazine is not very accurate at times and I'm wondering if Directs mag is any better.

I get the D* guide.

I usually read some of the highlight articles when it arrives, stuff about upcoming programming and PPV premier dates. Other than that, I don't use it. The programming grids are split by program-types: one section for Sports; one for daytime & local programing; one for movies; and prime-time schedules. It's color-coded, but to find programming that's coming-up in 10 minutes means searching in several places.

I find it easier to use the on-screen guide. It's $40/year and I think I can do without it.

I can't disagree with that. I don't even really use the guide portions, and probably 20% of the pages are D* advertising its premium & sports packages, and PPV.

I migh be convincend to spend $2/month on the highlight articles content, but otherwise I am very close to canceling the guide altogether.

The mag sucks. No programming between 12:00 am and 9:00 am, when the good stuff happens.

slimoli said:
The mag sucks. No programming between 12:00 am and 9:00 am, when the good stuff happens.
Another Mag. that seems to be affilated with D* and has 24 hour daily grids, as
well as some articles about your dish is at this link...
http://www.directmagazine.com/
They are however a bit "pricey" @ $ 39.95 Yr.(12 issues) with additional discount
for 2 yrs.

I subscribed to On Directv for their offer of 1 yr for about $30,00. However, after trying to use it for 2 months, it seems many listings are already out of date. I called D* and asked to cancel subscription. They could not, but gave me $30.00 credit on my monthly bill, even as the promotional subscription runs its course. Using the on screen guide or Titan on line gives the most up to date listings.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)