on off button will not work on rc66x DirecTv remote

Cindy P

Original poster
May 5, 2018
St.Louis, Mo
Samsung un40h5003afxza on off button will not work with Directv remote rc66rx.....even the Directv guy could not get it to work. I do not have a Genie system. On off is not working on DVR. (HR24-200). DirecTV will turn off but TV will not.

Last edited:
Tried a master reset on the remote to return it to default factory settings and then reprogram it anew?

Such as ...

Restore to default factory settings -- Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT buttons until the remote's light flashes three times. Then, enter 981 and press SELECT. The remote will flash four times to let you know it has been fully reset..

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Tried a master reset on the remote to return it to default factory settings and then reprogram it anew?

Such as ...

Restore to default factory settings -- Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT buttons until the remote's light flashes three times. Then, enter 981 and press SELECT. The remote will flash four times to let you know it has been fully reset..

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I will try but they were brand new remotes that the DirecTV Installer unwrapped and set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)