On Screen Logos

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Andrew Sullivan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 28, 2017
Arizona
This may not be the best site to ask this but then again, why not? For quite a few years now most channels have felt the need to remind us of what channel we are watching by constantly placing their logo on the screen. I understand the advertising aspect but they must be very very well aware of the problems this creates with certain screen technologies like plasma and OLED. Obviously they don't care but I think it's disgraceful and an insult to viewers.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Discovery does those full width popups that take up a third of the screen. I've stopped watching Discovery because of it. The persistent channel logos is on nearly all the networks now and annoying as hell, just like the constant scrolling bottom lines on all the sports channels. I complained to discovery and got a canned response that they are always interested in what viewers think and the popups are pertinent information for the viewers BS. Just another reason that slowly pushes one to avoid linear pay tv.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts