on SWM 3LNB, need D* splitter for only one TV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

akgarrett62

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2008
Cookeville, TN
hey do i need any splitter if i am just running the one cable from a SWM 3LNB dish to my cable box and just to one TV? if i need splitter, which input and output do i use for the cable from the dish to the cable box, and then the coax from the cable box to the tv ?

...and does just the single cable "attach" to the receiver with the SWM Technology even when running dual tuners?

how can i check to make sure locally whether the SWM is "available" to me?

You don't need a splitter, just the Power Inserter. Run cable from the dish output the the PI and another from the PI to the receiver (not to a cable box). With dual tuners only a single cable is required.

I have a question too, I used to have my wireless intenet and cable run through one outlet with a diplexer, when D* was being installed I was informed that I could not have the diplexer running through to the HR-22 reciever. I had to move my router upstairs but my problem is that I would hardwire my X-box to the router to connect online and I'd rather have it downstairs. Is there anyway around that little dilemma, also I live in Gov't housing and theyt only have 1 outlet downstairs and I can't drill.

Thanks for your help,
Happy Thanksgiving
(Go Cowboys)

You don't need a splitter, just the Power Inserter. Run cable from the dish output the the PI and another from the PI to the receiver (not to a cable box). With dual tuners only a single cable is required.

can someone just confirm this for me? ...only running to one HDTV.

I have a question too, I used to have my wireless intenet and cable run through one outlet with a diplexer, when D* was being installed I was informed that I could not have the diplexer running through to the HR-22 reciever. I had to move my router upstairs but my problem is that I would hardwire my X-box to the router to connect online and I'd rather have it downstairs. Is there anyway around that little dilemma, also I live in Gov't housing and theyt only have 1 outlet downstairs and I can't drill.

Thanks for your help,
Happy Thanksgiving
(Go Cowboys)

From what I got from your post, you would struggle diplexing directv and cable internet (i think that's what you mean)

Best to just get a wireless adapter for your xbox.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)