This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

On the 2 year contract with HD receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sonydude1966

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
I only signed up with D* a couple of months ago. Does the 2 year contract early termination fee of $480 get reduced $20 per month? Example, if I cancel in 1 year, will my termination fee be $240?

I just had a wall fish done the other day, does that count as an extension of my 2 year commitment? I noticed that one of those papers I signed after the work was done was a "equipment lease addendum." I would imagine I didn't lease my wall fish. Not sure why he had me sign that. So much for me being vigilant on what I sign.

I only signed up with D* a couple of months ago. Does the 2 year contract early termination fee of $480 get reduced $20 per month? Example, if I cancel in 1 year, will my termination fee be $240?

Yes. The early termination fee is prorated.

Did the installer only do a wall fish or did you also hook up a new receiver that you picked up at a local store?

IF you added a rec, the contract is in place.
If they just did a wall fish, then NO, it continues as it was.
Only activating new equipment activates the contract.

Jimbo

Well you signed something that sounds like a contract so you may have signed a contract with the installers company that could bite you in the butt should you cancell service. You should call the installation company to find out what that was that you signed.

I would imagine that it was just the authorization papers to OK the install and a signature to show he did the work ...
Then again, you never know ...

It's a Directv lease addendum. I've had D* out here twice for service issues, and signed two of them. The first one, there was a check in the box that says, "check here if this is a service call, lease addendum is not applicable for service calls."

The second one I signed was for a service call as well, but while he was here, I had him do a wall fish. The box is not checked on that one.

Worse case scenario, I extended my contract 2 months, since I started this October. I have all the paperwork saying it was a wall fish if I want to fight it later. Hopefully, I have D* and am happy for more than 2 years anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.