OnDemand Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ferrino

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
CA
Is the Showtime OnDemand content available to people who don't subscribe to the Showtime channel? My 3-month free Showtime offer is ending next week, but I've recently started watching Season 3 of The Tudors and am loathed to pay $12/month purely for a single show! I'm guessing not, but it's worth a try! Thanks.

How about shows I downloaded from Showtime OnDemand - will they be viewable if I stop my subscription to Showtime?

I'm in the same situation. In tooling around the DTV website, I can't find out what SHO costs. Is it really $12? I think HBO is now around $18. Apparently I'm also getting a look at Starz for a total price of $36 or a little over a buck a day which sound reasonable IF I'm looking at one program a day. So far during my 3 month feast, I don't think I've even seen one Starz or SHO feature and only a few HBO shows.

In the past when a show like the Tudors popped up, I would subscribe only during the first run and then cancel my subscription. If VOD will offer the whole season later, perhaps you should consider "feasting" for a few days until you can DL the whole new season series.

When season 2 came out a while back, I was on Comcast Cable and called up to add SHO. I was informed that the price was $18 (I used to pay $12) so I told them to forget about it.

$12 is just a guess - I'm not sure how much it will end up costing when I remove HBO and Starz (you get a discount when you subscribe to other premiums). Either way, I won't be paying that much for one good series.

Regarding watching their OnDemand content after I've ended my free subscription - the episodes I've downloaded say they "expire" on a certain date - is that the last day the episode is available to download or is it the last day you can view it on your DVR?

Once your subscription ends, you can no longer watch shows that you downloaded. This happened to me when I downloaded the entire season of 'Californication' from Showtime OnDemand, but before I finished watching the episodes I cancelled my Showtime subscription. When I subsequently went to watch the final few episodes, I was not allowed to watch them. I think the message on the screen stated something like 'Searching for Authorized Content'.

HBO is $14.99 and will always be considered your first premium. If you don't get HBO, then your first premium is $12.99, the second $11.01, the third $10, then fourth $8, and the fifth $7 (although if you have all 5, you would have the HBO at the top anyway for the $14.99).

So all this to say, if you get Showtime but have no other premiums, it is $12.99 per month.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)